Y, do I like to watch Mary Poppins, and sing chim chimney chim chim - charoo ? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Y, do I like to watch Mary Poppins, and sing chim chimney chim chim - charoo ?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by ApexOversteer, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    #76 ApexOversteer, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
    Can some of these mods READ? We keep saying the same things and they keep saying the same nothings. I don't get it. What is the deal here? The longer this goes without some kind of actual answer the worse the moderation team looks.

dm, thank you for trying, but it seems like you're just not saying the same things the others didn't say.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thanks for always making the Ferrari guys look good! :D

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

That's because you all are entitled to my opinion. :D

I am trying to express what I do in here, not what everyone else does in here.

This forum is an insane asylum, and the inmates want to be in charge. We all know that's not going to happen. This is a public forum, there need to be limits.

There is a SHARED responsibility here. We as moderators have a responsibility to make this place as hospitable as possible for the greatest number of people. To make it welcoming for any noob who wanders in, while not destroying the atmosphere that attracted the folks who are already here. And to not allow it to be overrun by folks who want to **** on each other, or the moderators.

How hard is this to grasp? You guys don't run the forum, you CONTRIBUTE to it. As moderators we do to. We all do. We're all CONTRIBUTORS, none of us runs it. ROB runs it, the moderators try, as best they can, to protect both Rob's interest as owner, and the members interest as contributors. What's Rob's interest? He wants lots and lots of people exchanging thoughts and ideas here. He wants noobs to feel that they can contribute too, and frankly, when you guys all dance around doing the, "IT'S NOT FAIR, YOU MODERATORS ARE STUPID" jig, it makes that job harder.

I have a suggestion. Take this for what it's worth. Move on. Get past the whole, "OUR thread titles got changed" BS. It's a minor, VERY MINOR, issue on its face. So what, a thread or 10 got new titles, some needed them, maybe some did not, but in the big picture, they make the forum more readable, and that's a good thing.

Stop ****ting on the moderators and the site admin. That's not gonna help either. You know that whole "can't teach a pig to fly, and it just annoys the pig?" You're not going to help the moderators evolve if you step on their dicks all day long and call them stupid, or terrible, or inflexible. HAve an idea or suggestion? Send a mod a PM.

And finally, why not try to see the opposing point of view. I see yours. You think some of the titles were changed arbitrarily to make a member or members look bad. I don't happen to agree, but I can see how you might feel that way. Maybe you think we as moderators are just horning in on YOUR territory and you'd rather be left alone. That's not going to happen, so just toss that thought away. Let's instead, move past this moment and get back to having some fun in here.

Can we be more moderate in our moderation? Sure. Can you be more flexible in your inflexibility? Let's both give that a try, shall we?

DM

4. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    #79 ApexOversteer, Nov 19, 2008
    It's hard for us to see the mod POV when it hasn't been revealed to us.

You couldn't give us an answer, anyway. Only one person can answer and they are on vacation.

I tried to make this a calm conversation and what have we seen? A parade of mods coming in after Rob to say the same thing he said, when what we would like is the mod who did what was done to let us in on the plan. FWIW I heard what Rob said and what Ralph said and I'll be here at the end of the week to see what Ralph says then.

There is something you don't get either. We want to improve this section as much as any of you do.

As for the drama, IMO mods that complain about drama should have thought longer and harder before volunteering.

I mean really, do you think I'd rather be doing this than talking about the cars?

5. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Is this really what we are saying?

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you no, many people yes. :)

Let me ask a question now. Should I go into the Ferrari model specific sections and create one master thread for each model? The 348/355 section could have 2 master threads. Wow man, the 348 thread could have 100k posts, Bikini thread would have nothing on it! :)

7. kcassady

kcassady Rookie

Dec 15, 2006
    Dallas / O.C.
    Full Name:
    Koyne Cassady
    As a long time lurker and short time poster...

I'M OFF TODAY, AND I FEEL LIKE ANSWERING THESE...
    I'M STILL DEBATING WEITHER TO SUBSCRIBE OR NOT... SO HERE GOES

1.In the Miura thread. 5,341 total posts Joe Sackey - 2,322 43.4% next closest guy? Emelio 215 posts - 4% Thread is nearly TWO FRIGGIN' YEARS OLD.

SO I GUESS YOU'LL BE FIELDING MY MIURA QUESTIONS FROM NOW ON????
    TRY GETTING INFO FROM ANYBODY ELSE THAT'S A CAR EXPERT IN THEIR FIELD TO ANSWER QUESTIONS FOR FREE, YOU'LL GET ANSWERS RIGHT AFTER THEY GET YOUR AMEX #... JOE AND ROY DO THIS FOR FREE!!!!

2.In the Countach Thread 2,346 total posts Joe? 769 32.7% Emelio - 262 posts 9.8% Thread is 15 months old.

SO WHAT!!!!OBVIOUSLY IT'S STILL INTERESTING OR PEOPLE WOULDN'T KEEP POSTING AND ASKING QUESTIONS, AND WHO CARES IF IT'S JUST JOE AND EMELIO...IT'S STILL INTERESTING!!!

3.So, who's threads are they again?? Sure looks like Joe to me.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE PERSONAL PROBLEM WITH JOE.......

4.And, who the hell can drag their ass through 5K+ posts looking for gems? Pearls of wisdom? Threads this long get unmanageable and are impossible to read.

WELL ME FOR ONE......I FLY COAST TO COAST AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK, IT'S GOOD READING, AND PEARL'S OF WISDOM???? IT'S PRETTY INFORMATIVE TO ME. I'VE LEARNED ALOT ABOUT THE L-CARS

AND IF IT'S SO UNMANAGEABLE..... SET UP A MUIRA ARCHIVE!!!! FOR IT OR ANY CAR DEEMED WORTHY BY THE F-CHAT GODS
    A WASTE OF GOOD INFO JUST TO GET RID OF IT......

Just food for thought....

WELL. HERE'S SOME ....LOSING JOE , ROY , NAPOLIS OR ANY IN-HOUSE EXPERTS ON F-CHAT OR L-CHAT WOULD BE A MISTAKE OF EPIC PROPORTION...

YOUR GOING TO WIND UP WITH SHELL OF A SITE.
    F-CHAT AND L-CHAT BOTH ARE AWESOME!!! IT WOULD BE ASHAME TO SEE IT RUINED.

JUST MY .02
    K.J.C

8. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    No. As Enzo and Ferrucio learned many decades ago, what works for the Prancing Horse does not work for The Raging Bull. :)

9. 88 328 GTS

88 328 GTS Rookie

Jul 10, 2006
    Central Coast
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #84 88 328 GTS, Nov 19, 2008
    No, you (the moderators) should use FC as model and create model specific sections (sub-forums) in LC.

And as for my vote, good thread titles with a long history, should not be changed without some sort of well defined due process.

10. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    I seem to remember that being tried at one point and not performing to satisfaction. Perhaps the traffic in the section has improved to where it can be tried again?

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #86 joe sackey, Nov 19, 2008
    Thank you KJC. Your sentiments mirror those of everyone who contributes to this forum that has spoken to me about this. Thanks for putting in perspective what I was trying to accomplish with the Miura thread.

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Obviously NOT!!!

Read & get real.

13. rushdriven

rushdriven Formula 3

Jul 1, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    John R. Eltringham
    Perhaps it should. I also suggested it earlier in the thread. That might clean up whatever the mods are concerned about. And while they are at it, maybe they should go to the 360/430 section and compact the thread titles. Look at what is going on over there:

photo thread for 360's with aftermarket wheels and body mods
    360 F1 shifting to neutral during shifts.
    Mr The Kid Featured In Heavy Hitters Magazine!!!!
    Fabspeed Ferrari F430 Scuderia Replicar Air-Box Covers
    Dyno 360 Euro Spec VS. US Spec actual Horsepower ratings and comparison

Shouldn't they just say:

360 photos
    360 shifting
    Member featured in magazine
    F430 airbox covers
    Euro v. US hp comparison

14. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    You are correct. When I said open I used the word in the wrong context, what I meant was an open forum for all to say what they want and have preferences and opinions that make the forum interesting and enjoyable.

Blatant disregard for off color or bully remarks or trouble makers are not wanted here by anyone, we agree with you on that. But this? Seems like a couple of guy's hanging out shooting the bull.

15. KENCO

KENCO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    FL
    Full Name:
    KJG
    #90 KENCO, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Wow, a lot of people here with chips on their shoulders....

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    So you think there should only be one master Miura thread and one master Countach thread? All Miura and Countach discussions need to happen in these threads Joe created?

18. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    He who stirs the turd, licks the spoon.

19. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    No. I think those threads should remain what they are and if someone wishes to start a new thread for the Countach or Miura subject they wish to discuss they should go right ahead and do that. Those wishing to contribute to the massive, long term threads can do so. I'm sure Joe, Emilo, and the rest of us would have no issues finding and replying to a new thread on a specific Countach/Miura subject.

I believe that the L-Section is, like the cars, unique and requires specialized care and maintenance.

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #95 rob lay, Nov 19, 2008
    Once we end up with 10 long Miura or Countach threads how do we tell each apart by title?

21. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Well, we hope those titles are allowed to be long enough to actually describe the contents of each thread.

22. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Tell you what, give me a few minutes to gather some thoughts and type it up and I will show you how I see the L-section could work with multiple subsections.

23. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

That would be most helpful.

If we get some good, positive organizational suggestions from this thread, then despite all the noise, it will have served a purpose.

DM

24. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #99 joe sackey, Nov 19, 2008
    Who is saying there should only be one thread? Where is that coming from?

Ive seen lots of other short-lived Miura & Countach threads but you know what the problem is? YOU CANT FIND THEM!

If I choose to start a thread and Im dedicated to keeping it stocked with new information, illustration, pics, text, technical material, WHY IS THAT BAD????

25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Be patient with him folks, he is being serious...

What, we cant read?