You'll want to see this Bendpak RJ-45 sliding bridge Jack! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

You'll want to see this Bendpak RJ-45 sliding bridge Jack!

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by rzundel, Jan 23, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lanesf430

lanesf430 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    VERY NICE........

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Great setup!!!

3. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    #28 rzundel, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
    Good question. I have not lifted it to its maximum height. It is actually shown at its lowest locked setting. My guess is that it will lift tires about 10-12" above the lift rails. That is about 5-7" higher than shown.

4. Lew L

Lew L Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    Do the lowered rolling jacks protrude below the ramps? (i.e. Do the ramps/lift go all the way down with the rolling jacks in place?)

Thanks,

Lew

5. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Great question. Yes, when they modified the slide rails they measured them to come off the ground about 1/4 inch when the lift rails are all the way lowered. Perfect fitment that maximizes the clearance on the car.

6. Lew L

Lew L Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    A few more questions (as I am about to pull the trigger): Do you keep the jacks in place even when you are not using them? If so, are there any problems with clearance above or below?

Have you had any trouble with the paint lifting from tire contact?

Thanks again,

Lew

7. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Lew, yes, the jacks stay on the lift at all times and you can slide them into position as needed. There is no clearance issues with the setup Bendpak did for me. If you are looking for both a lift and jack system like mine you should really contact Jeff at Bendpak. He will set you up. I listed his contact information at the beginning of this thread. Tell him Rick sent you. Bendpak lifts are powdercoated so there is no problem with paint lifting from tires.

8. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I understand from Bendpak there has been some interest in this lift/jack system since this post. That's exciting news! Hope others can benefit from it.

9. fast85pony

fast85pony Rookie

Feb 4, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Rick: Thanks for this most helpful post. Could you comment on the 100" vs. 117" width. Drive on ramps, I assume, are the same, but wider gives you more room to work around the car in the post area? The tradeoff is more room consumed in the garage? And, yes, the CS is stunning.

10. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    My CS required the 117" width. The 100" is not wide enough. I assume this would be the same for most all Ferrari's. I bought the aluminum ramps. Easier to go off and on. The metal ones are heavy. I have to put a 1"x12"x12" piece of wood under the lip of the ramp to avoid rubbing the nose driving onto the lift. Some of this is cased because my driveway slops down coming out of my garage and the wood helps compensate for that. Hope that answered your questions?

11. fast85pony

fast85pony Rookie

Feb 4, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks for the reply. I hadn't realized the dimensions were overall and not between the posts. An approximate measurement of my 360 shows about 84" wide at the mirrors, so it looks like it could be put on the narrower one, but, with 2" of clearance on each side, would not be much fun. You've come up with a great solution to the 2 post vs. 4 post lift dilemma.

12. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Be careful. It doesn't work that way. On the 100" HD9-ST narrow lift the distance between the ramps at the widest point is about 75". My ramp width on the 117" HD9 is set at 80". It can adjust as wide as 82". I wouldn't want my ramp width any less than 80" for my 360 Stradale. It fits perfect. That is why you would want the wider HD9 lift. Let me know if you have any questions?

13. fast85pony

fast85pony Rookie

Feb 4, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks again. That spec is not in my Garage Equipment Supply catalog. I see that the outside edge of the tire would be very close to the edge of the rail on the narrow model, not giving much margin of error. I'll concentrate on the HD-9.

14. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Go to the Bendpak website and look under 4 post lifts and open up the installation guide. It will give you all the specs of both the HD9 and HD9-ST. If you have any questions I would recommend going direct to Jeff at Bendpak and tell him I sent you. I provided his email at the beginning of this thread. Good luck.

15. Lew L

Lew L Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2006
    Rick:

Great info and insight. I like the BendPak set-up a lot. I am also looking at the Voyager model from American Custom Lift. Did you have a chance to look at those lifts?

Thanks,

Lew

16. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I looked at a lot of different lift options but not the Voyager. Bendpak is in my backyard and they were great about modifying the lift to meet my needs. Their customer service is off the charts. No one is better in my opinion.

17. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    well done, by the way, what is the correct wheel torque?

18. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Excellent lift......congratulations.

19. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    #44 rzundel, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. jaypeeuk

jaypeeuk Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    James Parry
    Superb, Rick many thanks.

My jack system sits slightly higher than yours, have to find someone in the UK to do the mods!

21. fskof

fskof Karting

Nov 23, 2005
    Milwaukee, Wi
    Full Name:
    Frank
    How is the modified bridge jack working out?

22. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Amazing! Love it. Works great. Bendpak makes the best product out there.

23. Bp's 08 Scud

Bp's 08 Scud Karting

Feb 27, 2011
    Calgary/Canmore
    Full Name:
    BP
    Man i wish we could cars that clean around here! I probably just need to move.

24. jhietter

jhietter Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    John
    I am currently investigating garage options and this system is exactly what I wanted. How tall is your garage?

25. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    10ft. Great option for sure. I would not have done anything different.