Where to track a Ferrari in New England? | FerrariChat

Where to track a Ferrari in New England?

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Tonuse, Oct 27, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tonuse

Tonuse Rookie

Oct 3, 2013
    Have just purchased a 2014 California, and have loved driving it. I am, however, excited and anxious to get it on a track so I can fully experience what it can do. I'm from RI and am looking for places around here to race. Have heard of Monticello, NJMP, and New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Can anyone compare/contrast these racing venues for tracking your own car, or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any feedback...

2. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Also check out Lime Rock and Watkins Glen. Fantastic venues from the past that you can get on track with today.

Matt

3. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    Monticello is fairly hard to get on, I think, as it is a club track. I've done many laps at NHMS on a motorcycle and just 2 days on a car and while I love the proximity to my home near Boston it isn't a 'fun' track like some of the others. I love NJMP because it flows well and has acres of run off room. Has anyone here seen a wreck at those tracks? It is quite a haul from New England though....

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Lime rock is not too far in nw ct. Njmp has two courses so great if can sched both over 2 days. Monticello is mostly private. Wat glen bit further but is a must. Check all this out on trackpedia.com. my fav driving group is scda1.com. can see whats scheduled on motorsportreg.com. will be few events avail in nov. Have fun

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    this.

don't forget Mont Tremblant, Calaboogie or even Mosport as well.

6. GT Jones

GT Jones Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2011
    Lincoln, MA
    Full Name:
    Christian J
    +1 for scda1.com. Good guys and well-run events.
    Calaboogie is amazing but sooo far away. Its like another country!

7. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    it's Eastern Ontario, right? so a bit of a drive but I wouldn't think too far...300 miles each way (?)

8. Tonuse

Tonuse Rookie

Oct 3, 2013
    thanks for the advice…I'll check 'em out

9. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Have no idea what your track driving experience is but if it's as a beginner I'd recommend Pocono in PA. That's a great track to start out on and it's very forgiving. There are plenty of events there but only one Ferrari event that I know of and that's not until late next June. Spring at the Glen is always a good event for the Ferrari club as long as the weather isn't too cold. Free instruction!

The glen is a lot of fun but you can easily total a car or worse there if you out drive your skill set. Of course you CAN do that most anywhere.

Lime Rock will test you but if you're working with a good instructor you should be OK.

You will get that top speed sensation at Pocono better than anywhere else.

10. Heat Seeker WS6

Heat Seeker WS6 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    John G
    Take a weekend trip to Road America! Bring it on over and I'd be more than happy to ride with you on-track as I instruct there during various events.

11. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Lime Rock. I want to take the performance driving class at Skip Barber.