360/430 Race Seat Mounting | FerrariChat

360/430 Race Seat Mounting

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by cm2, Jun 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Curious what folks have done mounting side mount race seats in a 360 (or similar). Ideally, it would be a clean install, standard parts, having a slider, and not stacking too high. Likely going with Cobra.

Thanks!

2. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    There are always the fixed mounting challenge parts - no slider though, and assuming it fits the road cars. Take a look at the online parts catalogs.

3. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    $9XX for OEM side mount bracket and bottom rails...

4. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    It won't be cheap to track your Ferrari... ;) For cheaper it seems you can buy the Cobra parts to adapt to Ferrari 360/430: Bottom bracket kit that bolts to standard hardware ($140), universal slider ($89), slide mounts ($149): Cobra Seats at Sube Sports - The Racing Equipment Source

5. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I'm not trying to be cheap... and suggesting that $1800 a pair for an adapted standard seat mount with no slider is reasonable because its a ferrari seems more pretentious than practical. Also, no idea of what the stack height is of the solution there... so thought someone had some empirical data, or some other mounting methods that were less obvious.

I'm waiting for the next person to chime in and suggest a driving instructor. :)

6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    My recollection is there are threads about this in the 360/430 section but I suspect most use fixed sseats

7. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    why Cobra, out of curiosity? I would think Sparco or OMP would be more likely to have a solution readily available for a Ferrari.

also, have you contacted Wine Country Motorsports in Sonoma? they might be a great resource-it's likely they've already put racing seats in a 360. Wine Country Motor Sports LLC

8. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I actually sat in a bunch of the seats at wine country and cobra seemed to fit me the best. Maybe someone else up there would know more...

9. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    might be worth a return trip (or call).

OMP and Sparco have lots of accessories to fit seats (sliders, brackets, etc), and seem to be more popular amongst tuners and race shops, which is why I suggested them. but fit does matter :)