BMW M4 video - Nurburgring Nordschleife | FerrariChat

BMW M4 video - Nurburgring Nordschleife

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Tom(Atl), Sep 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tom(Atl)

Tom(Atl) Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Me driving the M4 at the Ring last month:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBLCpmOymtA&feature=youtu.be

Sorry for the edit @ the 6 minute mark - I prefer the interior view but the track was stopped after the next hill due to an accident on track so I swapped cams to one lap later.

This was one of my first times left foot braking at the track after training that way section by section for a couple days. I now strongly prefer left foot braking especially with paddle shift cars.

Not a record breaking lap, but I hope it shares what the M4 and the Nordschleife are like! BTG time 8:13.6. You can see my speed (in MPH) and gear if you look closely. Hope you enjoy.

[​IMG]

2. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    Awesome.
    Very smooth and fast, and patient with the slower traffic (like the VW van at Steilstrecke :)).
    You take a similar line as me through Wipperman, cutting both curbs. From Hoehe Acht to Eschbach is my favorite sequence.

Mind sharing what the whole BMW course set you back?

Couldn't hear the voice much through my little laptop speakers, assume it was an instructor riding along giving you feedback/pointers?

3. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
  4. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Sweet! Did you have a good co-pilot?

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Great video thank you for sharing.

As for the other video of the almost accident kudos to the M4 driver for barely avoiding it but when I saw the 911s brakes come on the first thought to me was why is he braking so hard here- thats a sign he sees trouble.