FCA Track event at VIR March 9-10 | FerrariChat

FCA Track event at VIR March 9-10

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by DCNSX, Jan 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    The FCA will sponsor its annual VIR track event Monday and Tuesday March 9 and 10. This DE event is open to novices through experts, with individual instructors for newer participants. If you have never been to VIR (or haven't been since it was repaved last year), this is an excellent opportunity to experience VIR's Full Course with smaller run groups and lots of track time. We hope to have some Ferrari Challenge race cars again, and there's always a lot of interesting machinery in the paddock and on track. Your entry fee also includes a catered dinner (and drinks) Monday night.

The event is open to the FCA and friends of the FCA. We hope to see you there!

2. Pantera1523

Pantera1523 Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    Is there a link to somewhere we can sign up? I'd love to try to make it this year.

3. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #3 BillP00, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    Hi Scott,

I will PM you the Event Coordinator's information. I'm not sure if he wants this posted online or not. :)

Bill P.

P.S., I forgot to add that anyone else looking for more information about this event should go to the following website: www.fca-nc.org

4. Pantera1523

Pantera1523 Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    Thank you Bill! :)

5. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Always a great event with tons of track time. Hope I can make it.
    Ray

6. AaronMeisner

AaronMeisner Formula Junior

Jul 15, 2014
    Baltimore MD USA
    Full Name:
    Aaron Meisner
    I am going to see if I can get my 308QV together in time for this. The only snag is that my helmet is flying back to France with the Stand 21 guys after Daytona for some warranty work. I'm not sure it will make it back in time.

Meanwhile, so much to do in the garage. The UPS man is bringing me some candy tomorrow, so hopefully things move forward apace.

7. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Scott, Ray and Aaron, did you sign up? Aaron we can locate a loaner helmet for you if needed.

8. AaronMeisner

Jul 15, 2014
    Baltimore MD USA
    Full Name:
    Aaron Meisner
    This event is keeping me focused! I want to make sure that my car is working before I commit 100%.

I am hoping to wrap up my suspension and brake-line rehab this weekend. Fluid changes are done. My race seat, bracket and harness should show up late this week or early next. I need to fabricate my harness bar, corner weight and align the car, and get a fresh set of tires. And it wouldn't hurt to actually drive the car a bit just to make sure that it all works.

So it's a lot to try to get done in a short period of time.

Right now all of this looks possible. As soon as it looks PROBABLE I will go ahead and register. I sent in my FCA and SCCA dues, so all of my memberships and licensing are in good order.

Looking forward to pulling this off!

Aaron

9. AaronMeisner

Jul 15, 2014
    Baltimore MD USA
    Full Name:
    Aaron Meisner
    I need my helmet because it has the correct HANS hardware on it. I'm optimistic about getting it back from France on a timely basis!

10. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Correction, the monday dinner is optional and not included in the price.

Aaron, I have HANS hardware on my helmet, PM me if needed.

11. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
  12. AaronMeisner

Jul 15, 2014
    Baltimore MD USA
    Full Name:
    Aaron Meisner
    Twenty-one days until this event. It's currently 11F outside in Baltimore with winds blowing at 30-40MPH and 4" of snow on the ground. Another 6-8" expected tomorrow.

I did the SCCA Drivers School in the snow last year. In an open-cockpit car. With no heat.

C'mon, Mother Nature! Give us a break!

13. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    Hey everyone!
    It's been way too long since I've been able to come out here on F-chat...!

I want to welcome (and invite!) everyone coming to the track event in just a few weeks. I'll be Chief Steward again this year and I know it's going to be a great time! We have some fantastic instructors lined up and some great people and cars already registered. This is going to be a "Don't miss it!" event!

Share with your friends about the event and get them to come out too! A Ferrari is not required - we welcome all marques.

I look forward to seeing everyone!

Cheers & C U @ d'Track!!
    C

Chuck Hawks,
    Pro-Driver, Coach, Instructor & Facilitator
    rEvolution Performance

14. Blackandbluedino

Apr 16, 2013
    Newport News VA
    Full Name:
    Thomas Gonnella
    I would like to drive my gt4 to the event but I really don't want to go out on track. Is the event open to spectators?

15. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    Absolutely! We'd love to have you come out and see us. Once you see how we do it, maybe we can convince you to bring the GT4 ou for the fun next year! :)

Cheers & C U @ d'Track!!
    C

Chuck Hawks,
    rEvolution Performance

16. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    Time's running out to get signed up!
    The weather is predicted to be perfect and there are going to be some awesome cars and fantastic people. This is an event not to be missed, folks!

We've also lined up some great instructors! Time to sign up & git 'er dun!! It's going to be a fun time getting your car out in its native environment doing what it's designed to do.

Let's go folks. :)

Cheers & C U @ d'Track!!
    C

Chuck Hawks,
    rEvolution Performance

17. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    #17 ProCoach, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Mr Turbo

Mr Turbo Rookie

Apr 1, 2012
    Sebastian, FL
    Full Name:
    Jim H.
    Holy Cow...^^^... I think that I just found my new screen saver picture

19. cgh1

cgh1 Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Chuck Hawks
    Boy did we have a great event at VIR this past Mon/Tues!
    Peter Krause already posted a great photo of a sample of the amazing machinery we had on hand. The only thing better than the cars was the people! And there were indeed some fantastic people there! Even the Area Sales Manager from Ferrari North America couldn't resist coming. Huge thanks to Foreign Cars Italia for sponsoring the event, bringing some serious eye-candy, and providing tech assistance and support.

We had an amazing crew of instructors (THANK YOU GUYS - GREAT JOB!), who guided a wonderful group of exotic car owners in exploiting what their cars were designed and built to do. It was awesome! One of the instructors in particular - Karl Troy (European Road and Racing) deserves extra special thanks for sponsoring the event with some great looking t-shirts for both the instructors and the general event shirts - THANKS again Karl!!

MAJOR thanks to all who came and most especially to Jim Meek and Philippe Dorier for taking the lead on such an over-the-top event! Away from the track, the dinner and socials on Philippe and Brigitte's deck in the evenings were a blast and their hospitality was greatly appreciated.

If you weren't there, all I can say is start kicking yourself now. And don't miss next year! :D
    Let the photos begin! Can you say La Ferarri? Or how about 288 GTO?! :)

Cheers & C U @ d'Track!!
    C

Chuck Hawks,
    rEvolution Performance

20. wahoo5

wahoo5 Karting

Nov 9, 2009
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    I had a conflicting autocross this year that ended up being canceled at the last minute due to the ice and snow at the site in Arkansas. I hope to make it next year. Awesome photo.

David

21. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy