Chasing a Porsche at Roebling Road | FerrariChat

Chasing a Porsche at Roebling Road

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Crawler, Apr 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
  2. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    You did well chasing that Porsche, especially as the Porsche looked like it was a GT3 RS.

I haven't been on a track in a long time. Your vid makes me want to get back out there.
    Thanks for sharing.

3. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    Looks like you were having fun, can't wait to get my STi out there this spring. That GT3 driver needs some help...

4. kurtbob

kurtbob Karting

Jun 2, 2013
    Augusta, GA
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    It looks like you were having fun. HOD event right?

That's my home track. Looking forward to racing there at the end of the month.

5. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Yes, HOD last Friday. FYI, they are doing another one there on May 22nd. It's for their 5 year anniversary, so they've discounted the rate to $189. I've already signed up. (Usual disclaimers.)

6. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    #6 FastLapp, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nice lines!

When I raced one of the Bertil Roos formula cars there back in October, we shared the track for a day with a GT3 being tested by Automobile magazine. Well, I saw the article while waiting at the mechanic's yesterday and you can see some of the Bertil cars in the background!

I love Roebling - driving it in a go kart was probably one of the most fun experiences ever.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    That's very cool. RRR in an open-wheel car with wings must be pretty exhilarating, to say the least

8. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    Yea, you've got to be ready to get those cars sideways in the corners sometimes. Takes a little while to get comfortable at a place like RRR but a ton of fun.

I've wanted to get my S2000 out there for a HOD event but it's just too far from Nashville.

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Jim: The CS is great on the track....