Harness options for 458 | FerrariChat

Harness options for 458

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by provoke, Oct 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. provoke

provoke Rookie

Jun 16, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    JW
    #1 provoke, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Does anyone have any possible solutions for a type of harness that I an put in my 458 for DE? I'm not trying to bull carbon race seats and all of that junk.. I am just looking for an easy possible solution to harness myself in and swap out a drivers seat... I hate the thought of sliding all over the place etc etc...

I'm used to being harnessed in with hans in my other track purposed car but striking out searching online everywhere for a possible solution.

Any help/advise on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #2 greyboxer, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Try a search on harness in the 458 section - there's quite a few suggestions but most seem to have concerns about the welding of brakcets

3. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    Look up user 458Trofeo, he modified his 458 the proper way (i.e. safely).

Unlike Porsche 911's, the 458 is not easily/simply/cheaply modifiable (is that a word?) to install (real, safe) race seats, nor anchor (safe) 6 point harnesses.

The 4-point harness option (not available in the US) has shoulder harness anchors installed in the rear bulkhead, which includes reinforcing (i.e. welding aluminum) the bulkhead.

There are a lot of heated debates on the topic, just search around

4. provoke

provoke Rookie

Jun 16, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    JW
    Thanks guys...