bmw event | FerrariChat

bmw event

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by 95spiderman, Oct 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I just signed up for a local bmw event called ultimate drivers event. it offers autocross, teen driver, etc all for free in a big parking lot. what caught my eye is a $750 all day advanced car control clinic. video of it looked pretty good with drifting, spinning around a cone like ken block, etc. all in their m cars. looked interesting so I signed up hoping for best

anyone ever do one? thanks

2. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I've done the 2 day M school and advanced 2 day M school at VIR. The crew is really good and the cars are exceptional. The skidpad is an amazing place to learn also. I would highly recommend the BMW instructors -they are all pro drivers or former pro drivers and most have also coached for other orgs as well - like Skip Barber. I'm sure you'll have a great time man.

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Agreed. BMW runs a great show.

4. Christian Sasfai

Dec 31, 2012
    Heath, Texas
    Full Name:
    Christian Sasfai
    They (BMW) just held that event in Dallas the last couple weeks. I went to the autocross and took my son to the teen driving session. They do a very nice job with the entire event (the logistics alone must be like moving a three ring circus from city to city). It is their opportunity to showcase the cars in action, so it is a grand sales event. I lived very near the Spartanburg, SC assembly plant and had some business connections with BMW there, so I had a first hand look at the Performance Center. Those programs are truly learning experiences - this program is somewhere between a dealer test drive and a full blown track session. And, as they'll mention, it's all free so how bad is that?

5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Whats impressed me with various BMW and Ferrari driving programs I've attended isn't just the things they show you- its the things they purposefully don't show you. They are very very well thought out so you will learn, have fun, and be safe.

6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    ??
    don't get it. what don't they show you?