Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-22-2017, 12:59 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarchjr View Post
Lime Rock Park - 2008 Scuderia
59.5 - P zero DH slicks w 26 cycles & 195# passenger
26 heat cycles! Wow, that's amazing. They must have pretty poor grip grip. With stickers you could probably do 2 seconds faster at a short track like Lime Rock, 3-4 seconds faster at longer tracks.

When I did PCA or track days I would switch tires after 5 heat cycles (7 at most) because lap times would drop off so much after 5 cycles (couple seconds). I'd find it more expensive to drive on tires that old because my chance of crashing would go up due to pushing for good lap times on poor tires and sliding too much. Some of my friends would stretch it to 10-12 but generally would be sliding around alot after 7 cycles, but I've never heard of 26 heat cycles. To put it in perspective, in IMSA on Continentals, we are generally 2 seconds slower 40 minutes into a race due to the tires falling off.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:05 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky1e View Post
26 heat cycles! Wow, that's amazing. They must have pretty poor grip grip. With stickers you could probably do 2 seconds faster at a short track like Lime Rock, 3-4 seconds faster at longer tracks.

When I did PCA or track days I would switch tires after 5 heat cycles (7 at most) because lap times would drop off so much after 5 cycles (couple seconds). I'd find it more expensive to drive on tires that old because my chance of crashing would go up due to pushing for good lap times on poor tires and sliding too much. Some of my friends would stretch it to 10-12 but generally would be sliding around alot after 7 cycles, but I've never heard of 26 heat cycles. To put it in perspective, in IMSA on Continentals, we are generally 2 seconds slower 40 minutes into a race due to the tires falling off.
Ky1e- Yes, I agree. I was 3 seconds faster on stickers vs these tires at Summit point main. But the price was right!! I use two of my 458 CH friends take offs (known history, no offs, no damage). I routinely use the Pzero to 35 cycles- they do get pretty sporty. That lap at lime rock was using some counter steering and/or pedaling through nearly every corner. It was not in any type of competition just an open track day, competing against myself. Purely for fun and enjoyment of this magnificent Scud. It was also my 1st time at Lime Rock. I don't feel that the used up slick is anymore dangerous then a new one in a non competitive environment, it just forces me to be very sensitive to the slip angle and adjust speed accordingly. They are still wonderfully predictable, just with a lot less mechanical grip.

We are truly blessed to be able to push these very special cars to there limits on track!!!!!!!! Please keep posting your times, I love having a goal to shoot for!
Old 06-30-2017, 05:08 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Chris B
Laguna Seca in my stock '03 BMW Z4 3.0 on Pilot Supersports - shaved a couple seconds off my previous best time at 1:54.8.

https://youtu.be/HUFsFY0XtMY
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 07-24-2017, 09:55 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Sean
2.11 at the glen, exige V6 with 12 heat cycle tires.
Thats a lot faster than I went in the elise which was 2.19, but then the exige is a much more capable car.

Fresher rubber and more practice, because I need to break 2.10 and then 2.08.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

How about Pittsburgh to Chicago to Pittsburgh in 13 hours flat!
Old 08-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

How about Brevard, NC to Pittsburgh - 500 miles in 7 1/2 hours!
Old 08-14-2017, 06:36 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Ben
Mont Tremblant: 1:36.5, 40 min into a 1-hour race stint in my 488GT3
Old 08-14-2017, 10:52 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Ben
Video of the Mont Tremblant lap:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf2gc-OeEh8