Ferrari club at Willow springs 3/5-6/16 $265 | FerrariChat

Ferrari club at Willow springs 3/5-6/16 $265

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Manda racing, Mar 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #1 Manda racing, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I was torn between that day and the FastToys day at California Speedway on Thursday.

3. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Anyone else going to do this?

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    My comment on Jim's WCR is very good. I ran with them maybe a decade ago when there were more Ferraris. As panteras and Ferraris got super valuable we saw the numbers of those cars drop and the rise of disposable trackcars. In the old days Jim even had a wheel to wheel race group. One of the big advantages of a group like Jim's who has been running track events for decades is having a firm grip on what it takes to run one of these groups safely for all drivers. That means having proper safety crew on site, with programs and protocal for dealing with the rare issue and track yahoos. There are many other more social track groups who limit attendance and try and control the drivers that way but often with such low numbers can't afford to pay for trackside safety crews and skilled flaggers. People underestimate the importance of a quality flagging crew. I only wheel to wheel race at this time so have not participated in very many trackdays in the past 10 years. But I will say Jim has always been very consistent and runs a very good track event and has a good staff of regulars who are very helpful.

5. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I took a few pictures from the event. It was a very fun event. Not as much driving as I'd like but still a great group of guys. There was a ton of corvettes, old GT350 Mustangs, Radicals, Porsches, a McLaren and some Ferrari's.

There were two other Ferrari's in my group which unfortunately I was unable to get any shots of.

Here is the link to the page if anyone is interested.

labellamacchina