motor trend bdc award | FerrariChat

motor trend bdc award

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by 95spiderman, Sep 22, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4f4q52J9qY

I really enjoy these type tests. ie. evo track car, c&d lightning lap, mt bdc.

amazed both by how good the domestic sports cars are and the value they offer is just incredible.

lap times are getting so close too. 9 out of 12 cars within 3 sec of each other despite costing from under $50k to over $200k

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    What makes you think price has anything to do with performance?

3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Ummm, because it does...

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I think they chose the right car. The Mustang was also a good contender.
    Of course individual preferences may vary, but these were two solid pics.
    next year when the new z28 is out it will be even more interesting.

One thing we are seeing. if you really nwat to enjoy a car at speed its at the track most likely a DE event. in which case we are seeing the re-emergnce of cars fun to drive on street and good on track.

5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I was pretty shocked by 570. Didnt think it was their kind of car at all. Too bad for r8 and nsx in direct competition with it. I did think shelby was shoo in with stick shift.

Most disappointing car has to be m4gts. So expensive yet so slow. Why would anyone want it over 911gt3?

6. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

The 570 as told to me by the Mclaren agent is a 675 underneath with a bit less hp and tires.

The M3/M4 is now a waste of a car, so far from where the m3 started, its a heavy machine
    and like all recent BMWs not really lithe. So the Gts is an attempt to make a pig sing. The Gt3 is in another orbit.

My problem with these tests is they really tell you little in terms of actual use. If you read the articles of the test, its clear one lap is to warm new fresh tires and then they go on to say you get 2-3 great laps before the tires start to loose it. So in what universe is this relevant data to actualy using a car. You know r compounds not really good on street and fairly treacherous untill warm, and only good for 3 fast track laps.

Too many cars enginered to win magazine tests. Methinks its time for tests to show 10 lap average laptime, fastest and slowest lap, thats relevant to actual use. or even beettr lest see how these peform on street with proper street tires and how the eprform on track runnign track tires, because thats the way many use them

These track tests remind me of the old days when Hp was quoted as sae gross.

But yeah the 570,Gt3,and Gt350R are the real thing, if you actualy go to the track. I dont mention the viper because while technicaly street legal the ACR is not really a street car anymore.

Cool video though. Spidey maybe you want to try a 350R.

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The 570 is by far the nicest looking of the bunch.

8. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I do like the 350r but thinking dct for my next transmission.

Btw, shelby weighs as much as gtr, m4, etc yet no media ever complains about it. Is it that the suspension handles the weight so well, ford payola, somethhing else?

9. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    Motor Trend... ha! I couldn't care what those dorks think when it comes to a drivers car.
    Next up Motor Trend Car of the Year... the 1980 Chevy Citation, 1983 Renault Alliance, the 1997 Chevy Malibu...

10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Forget about the 80s, what they do now is totally different and very good. Best car comparison out there, imo and that includes the brits too. Check it out