24 Hours of Lemons 10th anniversary race at GingerMan in Michigan | FerrariChat

24 Hours of Lemons 10th anniversary race at GingerMan in Michigan

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by FarmerDave, Sep 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #1 FarmerDave, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm flying up next weekend to participate in the 24 Hours of Lemons' Tenth Anniversary Race. Anyone else?

This is my ride for the weekend.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    I can see fear at Penske Racing. Best wishes for a good run Dave!! :D

3. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

4. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Very cool, have fun.

5. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Led Zeppelin 's Ramble On has been the unofficial theme song. Although I did sing that ^song at an FChat party when Tillman and his missus rolled up in their Nash Metropolitan. (technically the Lemons car is an AMC Rambler.)

The rambler is a fun "open source" experiment where the car is being passed around the country from team to team, among the experienced and established Lemons teams, usually being driven rather than trailered.

I became involved earlier in the year when the guys who were driving it from the Arizona race to the Dallas (Eagles Canyon) blew a head gasket in Pecos, Texas and left it at the Midland airport to fly home to their jobs in DC. I was the closest guy so I put it in a trailer and moved it down the road toward Dallas where it got a new engine and raced a week later.

Since then it has criss crossed the country a couple of times under its own power and is a solid Class C contender on the track. The owner of the car (it's titled, registered and insured for street use) invited me to arrive-and-drive at the GingerMan race.