Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Racing & Tracking > Tracking & Driver Education

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2017, 05:41 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Robert
Where to stay in Montreal

I am heading to Montreal for a couple of days prior to attending the advanced course at Mont Tremblant. I am looking for any suggestions as to where to stay in Montreal and good places to eat. I am traveling solo as the GF could not make this trip.

Thanks.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-23-2017, 09:12 PM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Mont Tremblant is far from Downtown Montreal. I ran Tremblant with PCA several years ago and stayed locally. It's a Ski area so lots of hotels to choose - from Fairmont to cheap Motel 6 types. Should be able to get good rates now. The track is quite difficult to master, there is an off camber right hander you approach blind and use only a birch tree as a visual marker to position the car correctly. Could have changed since. Also not sure if Stroll still owns the track as during our weekend, he showed up with his crew and ran with our run groups making it clear he would not wait for pass signs. He was fine on track and is quite a capable driver, but still made us anxious as he knows his cars well and obviously the track.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:10 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1973 View Post
Mont Tremblant is far from Downtown Montreal. I ran Tremblant with PCA several years ago and stayed locally. It's a Ski area so lots of hotels to choose - from Fairmont to cheap Motel 6 types. Should be able to get good rates now. The track is quite difficult to master, there is an off camber right hander you approach blind and use only a birch tree as a visual marker to position the car correctly. Could have changed since. Also not sure if Stroll still owns the track as during our weekend, he showed up with his crew and ran with our run groups making it clear he would not wait for pass signs. He was fine on track and is quite a capable driver, but still made us anxious as he knows his cars well and obviously the track.
I am staying at Hotel Quintessence while in Mont Tremblant. Just looking for suggestions while I am in Montreal. Thanks for the heads up on the track. Definitely open to any suggestions that will help drive the track. First time in Mont Tremblant.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:20 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristretto View Post
I am staying at Hotel Quintessence while in Mont Tremblant. Just looking for suggestions while I am in Montreal. Thanks for the heads up on the track. Definitely open to any suggestions that will help drive the track. First time in Mont Tremblant.
St. James is good, great staff, perfect location, old Montreal is walking distance. Their restaurant XO is very good.

The Ritz Carlton is the best luxury hotel in town and has a Daniel Boulud restaurant.

Eat at Holder for a nice local, seafood restaurant.
Don't miss Olive and Gourmando for breakfast and pastries.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:54 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls View Post
St. James is good, great staff, perfect location, old Montreal is walking distance. Their restaurant XO is very good.

The Ritz Carlton is the best luxury hotel in town and has a Daniel Boulud restaurant.

Eat at Holder for a nice local, seafood restaurant.
Don't miss Olive and Gourmando for breakfast and pastries.
Thank you. I am always looking for local fare.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:33 PM
F1 Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Andy
If you want really affordable and clean lodging on a budget in downtown I have a great place you should check out. We stay there every year when we go to the GP. Two great places to eat are Rubens downtown and Salmigondis in Little Italy.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:55 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: LSJ
Hotel 10 is amazing. A large group of. Fchatters are staying there for the GP.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:13 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Jim Pernikoff
I'm a cheapskate, so I always choose the south shore, either at Motel La Siesta in Greenfield Park or the Comfort Inn in Brossard - both clean and comfortable and near plenty of restaurants and shopping; just don't set your sights too high. You can either drive or take a bus to the Longueuil Metro station and then just one stop to the islands. (It's great after the race on Sunday when most people are going the other way on the train!)

And I can still go into town on Saturday after the racing action and party on Rue Crescent!
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

And you MUST get some Italian food at Auberge au Coq de la Montagne.