Zihuatanejo, MX | FerrariChat

Zihuatanejo, MX

Discussion in 'Travel' started by FarmerDave, Apr 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Wife and I celebrating lots of good things with a trip in mid May. Booked a suite at the Viceroy property in Zihuatanejo on recommendation of a long-time friend and FChatter, Speed Racerette. She also gave us a bunch of restaurants to try, we opted not to do all-inclusive so we can experience more outside the resort as much or as little as the breeze might blow us during the 5 days. She likes the beach chair / umbrella / zone out experience, I like to get out and experience things, and neither of us wanted super-touristy with lots of people. Zihuatanejo seems like a good balance of all those things.

Anyone else been to Playa la Ropa /ZIH-Ixtapa and have suggestions for what to do, or things to see?

2. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    We were there when there were two Hotels, 25 years ago. The fishing and golf were great.

Joe

3. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I remember her showing me pics of the place.
    IIRC she got a killer deal.
    Not much to see in that area its more about relaxation.

4. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    We got a pretty rate and airfare was cheap. Relaxation is her objective. She's already rolling her eyes at me when I talk about stuff we can do cause she doesn't want to DO squat. :)

5. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #5 FarmerDave, May 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017