Dealer in London | FerrariChat

Dealer in London

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by deppi0, Sep 9, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    Hi all,

Could anyone advise me of a very good salesman who works in HR Owen in London? I have been dealing with someone for a couple of years but not particularly happy and would like to change.

Thanks

PM if you prefer not to name names here.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    It looks like there's not that many to choose from anyway !

Our Staff

3. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    That website only shows 1 location although they have 3 and I imagine they should have more people between the 3 of them.

4. Maxige

Maxige Karting

Jun 5, 2005
    London/Milan
    Full Name:
    Max
    Good luck......

5. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    Grazie....

Fanno tutti schifo? ;-) I guess you speak Italian as you have Milan (my home town) as your place!

6. Maxige

Maxige Karting

Jun 5, 2005
    London/Milan
    Full Name:
    Max
    Scusa Edmondo, non avevo visto il tuo messaggio...si, ho comprato una macchina da loro e devo dire che il livello e' piuttosto bassino! Ma in tutti questi anni di Londra non sono ancora riuscito a trovare un dealer decente di auto (e ne ho cambiate parecchi)...chi piu' chi meno sono tutti dei furfanti! ;)

7. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    Siamo tutti nella stessa barca qui... Il solo abbastanza bravo che ho trovato e' uno da Stratstone a Mayfair dopo aver litigato con altri 2 da loro!

Ho appena mandato a c... quello di HR Owen perche sta provando a fregarmi alla grande!

Ciao

8. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    #8 MisterMaranello, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    I haven't seen this thread until now, but I think I can still give you a definitive answer, regarding their Ferrari department. The answer is none IMO. The men at Old Brompton road are extremely arrogant and unfriendly, they care more about making sure their glass of water is filled in their hand than talking to customers (I actually experienced this once, tried to reach out to a salesman two-three times whilst he did nothing but run forwards and backwards filling up his glass of water. His reply to my polite greetings was a grunt and irritated look as I obviously disturbed his water-fetching rutine). I could list many more examples of similarly bizarre behavior. The only nice thing about HR Owen Ferrari is the helpful receptionist. The staff at the Maserati department further up the road are all-around so much friendlier and casual.

Although it has to be said, all the dealerships (regardless of marque) in central London are ridiculously snob.

9. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    Not my experience at all Mr. M.

Talk to Garry O'Dea....nice guy, down to earth, will do what he can to help.

10. rjn21

rjn21 Karting

Dec 3, 2013
    UK
    2 failed pre booked test drives a few years ago when 599 was still new "we forgot to bring it round from service" meant I didn't proceed with above named personnel.

Upon trying to buy an F12 from the same - "our list is 2+ years long and we dont give forward pricing on a px." Bought 2 F12s from another UK dealer because of that who could deliver in 3 months to spec.

Central London I guess is a different market to North of M25, where some work is required to make a sale.

11. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Agreed.

12. any_1

any_1 Formula 3

Sep 6, 2006
    Sweden
    What about the Berekley Hotel showroom?

13. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    #13 MisterMaranello, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    Isn't that just a display cabinet for the cars as well as serving as a configuration atelier? Last time I checked they don't have any dedicated sales staff working there.

As mentioned previously, most of the dealers in London have a spoiled demographic. It's the same in every major city. London is not different. Most luxury dealerships located in major cities have a large portion of relatively easy sales. That in turn reflects on their attitude.

14. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    They are HR Owen as well so no difference between them and the Brompton Road "shop"

15. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Have you found another salesperson? Looks like Maranello Sales in Egham is the closest to London city centre after HR Owen. Perhaps worth giving them a call?