saying hello from the uk southwest | FerrariChat

saying hello from the uk southwest

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Alexk, Jan 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alexk

Alexk Rookie

Aug 31, 2013
    #1 Alexk, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hello from me i have been lurking for a while trying to get some info on modified parts for the 458 but as it get closer(car delivery end of march) i better intro myself

my name is alex i work as a driver coach in the uk (ex pro racing driver) also as a driver for manufacture events i've work for the last 3 years with north europe as a driver coach and i have also work for some of the main dealers on dealer event days so i may have already met some of you ;) i have been modifying cars for around 13 years now and had pretty much everything from 300hp series 1 rs turbos up too 1100hp r33 and r34 gtr track cars a 9sec quarter miles rx7....crazy i went to try to racing in japan a while back and go into importing modified track drift and drag car i also started maintaining and building them myself

i just recently built a 730hp top racing widebody dry carbon gtr track car i built the car to develop quantum uk track suspension 3 way damper coilover kit for the gtr while doing the development work a friend i driver coach fell in love with the car and had too buy it once the work was complete so here was my chance to get back in to a ferrari so i sold the rest of my jap collection and immediately put a deposit on a 458 coupe :)

on the days i have worked with ferrari owners i have never really seen anything more then wraps and painted stock wheels at the silverstone days but i hope there is a few owners in the uk that like a few carbon mods etc

i've had one before a f355 in my earlier years with r32 gtr and an r34 gtr so always had a soft spot for the ferrari but the car was not too great on the handling and power side of things but since i have been driving the 458's on track i can see the massive steps ferrari have taking in the last few years and knew i have to own one!!

sorry rambling on anyway big hello from me :) here is a couple of pics of some of the stuff lol
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Welcome aboard, great pics there.

3. since-15

since-15 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2008
    Impressive stuff! Welcome to F-chat and enjoy your 458. You want more power out of the 458? You certainly are a speed freak. ;)

4. 458italia2014

458italia2014 Formula 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Love some the GTRs you have!

5. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Love the carbon modded GTR.

My sister is running one with 1,000bhp but not body mods.

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Nice cars Alex, love that carbon gtr. Thinking about getting one myself as I need a a 4x4 when the weather gets bad, but love speed. Won't be as nice as that one though!

7. kwy_458

kwy_458 Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    Which part of the south are you located? Maybe we can meet! :)

8. Alexk

Alexk Rookie

Aug 31, 2013
    thanks guys for the comment lucky i still get to drive it quite alot as the owner likes to see it put through its paces :) i'm located near Bath

9. Alexk

Alexk Rookie

Aug 31, 2013
    i would say its a must to own one you won't believe how great they really are as a tuned car for track days or just for the shopping run i don't think it can be beat :)

10. neil-f

neil-f Karting

Feb 6, 2008
    UK
    Currently for sale!

11. Alexk

Alexk Rookie

Aug 31, 2013
    Yes I've currently got it up for sale but I think I will return it to stock so the car can be sold with the dealer

12. RobinD

RobinD Karting

Aug 17, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Full Name:
    Robin Duxbury
    #13 RobinD, Jan 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    GTR' s look good and we have a stage 4 R35 ourselves but our real monster is the Evo which we run around the world in various events