desperately seeking stopping power!! | FerrariChat

desperately seeking stopping power!!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Aaronholmes220, Mar 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aaronholmes220

Aaronholmes220 Karting

Dec 12, 2009
    County Durham UK
    Full Name:
    Aaron Holmes
    Hey kids I'm at my witts end here - nobody seems to be able to get me any brake discs for my car! I've got a 430 spider but knowing the 360 discs are identical and 1/3 of the price I'm trying to buy those. Can any of you guys help me out there must be at least one set in the UK that aren't supplied through Ferrari!

Everywhere on the Internet quotes £80-100 but after I pay I get the dreaded "unfortunately we don't have these in stock" email.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Try German Ebay Ferrari 360 bremsen

3. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    Don't eurospares have any? They were selling them cheap.

As an aside, I believe Ferrari claim that the disc material is different to the 360. I'm trying to find the reference.

4. Aaronholmes220

Aaronholmes220 Karting

Dec 12, 2009
    County Durham UK
    Full Name:
    Aaron Holmes
    Eurospares had nowt!!! Argh!!!

With regards the materiel differences between the 430 and 360 Brembo quote the exact same part no. for both if you contact them directly so whatever Ferrari have been saying must just be their way of justifying the price hike!

I think I've managed to source some... watch this space and we'll see what arrives thanks for your help so far lads it's much appreciated!!!!

5. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    Indeed - that's why I said "claim". I think the differences could amount to the zinc primer coating on the disc...

6. Aaronholmes220

Aaronholmes220 Karting

Dec 12, 2009
    County Durham UK
    Full Name:
    Aaron Holmes
    To be fair if I was Ferrari and trying to pull have people's eyes out for brake discs I'd say exactly the same thing... "Forged from the rarest of mild steel found deep within the mines of Italy".

7. Aaronholmes220

Aaronholmes220 Karting

Dec 12, 2009
    County Durham UK
    Full Name:
    Aaron Holmes
    Oh and PS Aldous your posts have been a massive help to me in sorting my car for the summer I can't thank you enough!!!

8. Aaronholmes220

Aaronholmes220 Karting

Dec 12, 2009
    County Durham UK
    Full Name:
    Aaron Holmes
    ****UPDATE****

I now have a full set of grooved Brembo Sport upgrades which I will be fitting in about 10 days when I get back to the UK, so I shall start searching through here for a grooved disc running in procedure as I've always had drilled and I think the running in is different!! Am I right in thinking drilled require a more aggressive run in to prevent cracking?