Broken exhaust! | FerrariChat

Broken exhaust!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Phil.c, Mar 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Phil.c

Phil.c Karting

I have just noticed that one of my F430 exhaust pipes has come off and is lost! I think the exhaust is a Tubi race, it has F430 embosed on the silencer. A pipe leads from this to a Y section (no valves) and this is where the problem is as the end pipe has snapped off at the weld.

Where to get a replacement pipe is the question as it's cheaper than a £3+k full exhaust?

I have emailed Tubi but can only get a contact address in North America, i'm in the UK.

Any ideas please!

Phil

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    The main tubi website suggests Eurospares are now the agent

3. Phil.c

Phil.c Karting

Turns out it's a Ferrari exhaust, Dick Lovett is going to fix it.

4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Happened to my 430 spider. It was a known issue, and Ferrari replaced the exhaust for me as a warranty job (there's, not mine) as there was a recall, or certainly a call back to check, on the exhausts, certainly cars up to my model year at the time, 2006. If your car around that age, may be worth pushing lovetts to pay for it (in my experience they aren't normally quick to offer)

5. Phil.c

Phil.c Karting

The problem is that it's not the standard exhaust that came with the car as new, I bought the race version second hand from a customer around 2007, via Dick Lovett. It split a year later and Dick Lovett re-welded it free. The broken part has split again in the same place, this time the tail piece has fallen off.

It's going in for a service tomorrow, i'm waiting to see what they say!