Edinburgh--Car Hire Help | FerrariChat

Edinburgh--Car Hire Help

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Scotty, Apr 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    I have a dilema I would appreciate help with. I've posted here before and appreciate the help. We are from the United States, and will be picking up a car and leaving Edinburgh on an early Tuesday afternoon. We can either rent from a downtown location, or get ourselves out to the airport and pick the car up there. One or more folks have said driving in downtown Edinburgh is a challenge--and this will be my first hour driving on the opposite side of the road from I am used to.

So the question is this--better to get to the airport and leave from there, or no big deal to pick the car up downtown and just drive ourselves out.

We will be headed into the Highlands.

Thanks.

2. tomw

tomw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If you're heading out of Edinburgh anyway I'd just go to the airport. It's very quick and easy to get there from the centre of the city.

3. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    +1 ,just jump in a taxi or take the airport bus from the city centre and leave the airport in your hire car.

4. Por911t

Por911t Rookie

May 16, 2013
    Scotland, U.K.
    Full Name:
    Barry R.L.Clarkson
    Hi did you get your car renal in Edinburgh sorted out ? As well as an avid car enthusiast i own a vehicle rental company with availability at Edinburgh Airport - we are not a broker . We are an independant that covers Edinburgh and Glasgow . If I can help at all my email is [email protected] .......hope you don't mind my communication . Many thanks Barry Clarkson

5. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Picked up about 10 hours ago. Drove from Edinburgh to Invergarry today in a Hertz rental--ended up with a Nissan smallish to midsize SUV, diesel. Quite an agreeable car. My wife and I are stunned (STUNNED) by the beauty of this land. Also, I didn't stuff the car into anything (other side of the road concerns) so all in all a good day. Have a few cask strength whiskeys to ease the stress. Thanks for the offer, though.

S

6. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Great stuff, enjoy the drive back down. The west coast is beautiful.