Nice new gaiters and service | FerrariChat

Nice new gaiters and service

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Nickt, Apr 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nickt

Nickt Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Iver, Buckinghamshir
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    Well I did it; a job I have been putting off for months. I changed the inner passenger side drive shaft gaiter. I hate gaiters, its an oily dirty nasty job. while I was in there I also adjusted the clutch cable and linkage, it didn't need much but it feels so much better now.

I tested the car's thermostat as it was getting way too hot, the thermostat was opening at over 100 degs C, so that was replaced too. New oil, filter and coolant and the car is like new now. My wife isn't very happy though, just spent quite a lot.. £80 for the thermostat alone!

I went to Egham and bought a load of bits, they gave me a free goodie bag with mugs, mats, pens and pads.. cool.

I just took the car for a real red line thrash and the temp and pressures all seem good, I filled it with 20w 50 classic car oil, it seems a lot quitter now too. I did have 10w 40, but that was like water. in the engine bay there is a sticker saying 10w 60, what would the benefit of that be?

2. Nickt

Nickt Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Iver, Buckinghamshir
    Full Name:
    Nick T
    Today I had to go and get some valve stem clips/collets for my V8 Zonda kitcar as one pinged off yesterday as I am doing the valve stem seals. It was lovely day so I took the Ferrari out. On the way back I swung a left at a roundabout in Iver and saw the road was empty, so I did a naughty thing and floored it, next thing I have a police car behind with bells and whistles going, so I pulled over near where I live. The police got out and asked me what speed I was doing, I said 30mph (for a bit) he said you are joking, I was doing 90 and you were pulling away quickly. I asked if the car sounded nice at the speed, he said awesome.. cool, where have you been? so I told him, to buy some bits for the Zonda.. Zonda!???? I said yes, I made it do you want to have a look? Sure thing!
    We then drove to my house and spent 1/2hr looking at my toys, then they went away.. I still don't remember them at the roundabout. maybe next time I might open my eyes

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Sounds like a very lucky escape Nick! A friend of mine has just had to go on awareness course for 36 in a 30!!