Exhaust Question ? | FerrariChat

Exhaust Question ?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Tackleberry, Apr 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 11, 2014
    United Kingdom
    If I may introduce myself.

My name is Anthony and I have just purcased a beautiful F430 Coupe.

Now while it makes a superb sound there is always the temptation to increase the volume and get a bit more of, well, that wonderful sound !

I value other peoples opinions and views as I believe ther is always room to learn from other in this life.
    So my question to you chaps is this, which of the following would make the best choice:

1) Leave it as standard (I am all for this, and the original sytem would be kept so that it could be returned to factory spec, but it's difficult to resist the temptation to play !).

2) Manufacturer:

Larini
    Capristo
    Super Sprint
    Any others you care to throw into the mix

3) Valved or Non Valved

As I said you oprions will be greatfully received, so please feel free to share your wisdom.

KR,
    Anthony

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There are hundreds of comparator threads answering just this in the 360/430 section but at the end of the day : everyone's ears are different

Wiring exhaust valve open is a popular middle course or there are cheaper exhausts from Nuvolari

3. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    My recommendation would be change the manifolds for ones without the pre-cats in them and fit a kit to control the valves remotely.

4. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 11, 2014
    United Kingdom
    My apologies !

I realised I should have done a search just after making the most !

I do agree that it is really down to personal choice and what sounds right to your own hearing, but after doing a little homework I am sort of leaning towards the Level 3 Capristo Non Valved System.

However I will continue to do some more research before making a choice.

Thank you for your input so far.