Making visit to Liverpool with Scouse Mother | FerrariChat

Making visit to Liverpool with Scouse Mother

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jippiejake, May 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Hi all..
    I live in Los Angeles and have a 85 year old Mother that wants me to take her to Liverpool to the the family..
    I will be extremely bored the whole time sitting with all these sweet 80 plus your old relatives and will want to try and see some English Ferraris..
    Once I know the dates I will let you all know..
    Thanks..
    Mike

2. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Ferraris are Italian, not English. ;)

3. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    ^^^Great sense of humour !

However about 4 years ago, when F1 pit stops were much slower than today, Ferrari F1 mechanics were predominately Scousers - have dug up the relevant Press Release :

"The Ferrari F1 team fired their entire pit crew yesterday."

This announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the British government's 'Work for your Dole' scheme and employ some Liverpudlian youngsters.

The decision to hire them was brought about by a recent documentary on how unemployed youths from Toxteth were able to remove a set of wheels in less than 6 seconds without proper equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing crew could only do it in 8 seconds with millions of pounds worth of high tech gear.

It was thought to be an excellent, bold move by the Ferrari management team as most races are won and lost in the pits, giving Ferrari an advantage over every other team.

However, Ferrari got more than they bargained for!

At the crew's first practice session, not only was the scouse pit crew able to change all four wheels in under 6 seconds but, within 12 seconds, they had re-sprayed, re-badged and sold the car to the Mclaren team for 8 cases of Stella, a bag of weed and some photos of Lewis Hamilton's bird in the shower.

Best, Sammy

4. jippiejake

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Englishman owned Ferraris..
    Sorry..

5. MondialNeil

MondialNeil Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2007
    Bucks,UK
    Full Name:
    Neil S Perry
    Nice one Sammy.

When I was last there I went to the docks museum and then across the mersey to the Wirral side to see the Sub, I then went back to the Cavern for a few drinks lol.

There are some nice looking ladies in Liverpool and then they open their mouths and it ruins it all. LOL

My great grand parents are from Yorkshire, grand parents and mother from Nantwich Cheshire.

6. YellowF50

YellowF50 Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    K B
    #6 YellowF50, May 17, 2014
    Last edited: May 17, 2014
    That's actually quite funny. !

+1 on the docks museum , I've heard good things from family that has been

7. jippiejake

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    Sounds great.
    The girls sound even better..I like that dirty mouth..
    Mum and I were there 10 years ago and went all throug the docks.
    They were all fixed up then also..
    Mum has great stories of being a kid running all though the street and hiding at the docks..
    The Germans were bombing the **** out of the place she said..
    Our dates would be in June potentially..