Hazy banned? | FerrariChat

Hazy banned?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Hud, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Why is ex mod and friend Hazy banned? He has asked me to ask, cant see anything untoward he has done?

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Spam, which was removed. There was an explanatory ban message and presumably as an ex mod he will know Rob's email address if he wishes to query or discuss it, so let's leave that one there.

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hazy is not a spammer and god only knows why you would suggest he is. He doesnt know anything about spam or why you would ban him for it. He is a good forum user and was a previous mod.

Lets 'not' leave it 'here' thank you, it would be nice for you to give more thought before banning long term users.

4. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Mods, i will continue to hound untill Hazys incorrect ban is lifted. Simples.

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Andrew did not ban Hazy, so flogging him is misdirected and serves no purpose. Rob banned Hazy, so Hazy having a discussion with Rob, email at [email protected], is the best next step. The ban was instituted in January 2014, so if Hazy has only now gotten around to checking into Fchat then he's no doubt forgotten his last post, which was deleted and not visible to non-mods, and which did appear to be a very commercial post. Again, have Hazy email Rob; intermediaries will only get in the way here.

6. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Nobody is 'flogging' andrew. It was him that responded to my initial post, therefore my response aimed in his direction.

7. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Hud -

You really have no business in this. If Hazy can't contact Rob himself, then that's an end to it.

If you persist in creating threads, then you will only end up in the same boat as Hazy.

8. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Rob Lay has banned a UK long term user and ex moderator for one commercial post?

Disappointed in Rob, warnings and an edit facility do exist.

9. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #9 ylshih, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    What's stopping Hazy from emailing Rob?

Last warning.

N.B. - I will explain one more thing. Rob (and mods) will often permaban a user who they note doesn't log in very often. A warning or temporary ban is usually not even noticed by an infrequent user as it expires before they log in again or the warning gets lost with the passage of weeks or months of posts. The fact that Hazy only now noticed that he was banned, which took place in January, shows why we do this. The permaban serves to make sure that the user eventually communicates with Fchat in order to address whatever issue caused the ban. If the issue is satisfactorily addressed, the ban is usually lifted. Again - Hazy needs to contact Rob.

10. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Threaten me all you like, i am trying to resolve unjust. Heavy handed modding

11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #11 ylshih, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    You're failing to understand that a misguided campaign by a 3rd party does not address the issue. Hazy needs to contact Rob.

I'm sorry to do this. 7-day ban.