458 italia suspension lift problems | FerrariChat

458 italia suspension lift problems

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by seths, Jul 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. seths

seths Rookie

Mar 4, 2014
    Hi All

Its a shame im having to put this thread up really.

I purchased my Italia in December 2013, and since than it has been a nightmare.

The 1st week i had i was getting 80% condensation in the headlights which after 3 trips to the dealer they changed it and this was of a demo car which they had.

Since than im constantly having issues with the Suspension lift. Its now going back to the dealer for the 4th time and i am not confident in the car any-more.
    The dealer have offered me no form of compensation not even a like to like.

The 1st time they said they changed the sensors, within a day of having the car back the fault came up again.

The second time they said they replaced the whole unit, and it happened again.

The third time they said they cant find anything but the error code is recorded so ref-flashed it

I was so fed up of constantly sending the car back i told them to sell it for me and cut my losses, but they were unable to sell it.

When i picked the car up it happened again. This really wound me up.
    I told them i want to reject it and want a refund. They are no saying that we want replace the strut and this should resolve it (iv heard this over and over again that it should b resolved).

On top of that just underneath the glass rear lid paint is flaking of and there is a chip on the inside door handle and they damaged my keys.

what winds me up is when they took the car for SOR they didnt pick up on the paint flaking of underneath the lid

I really need advice on what my options are. Am i within my consumer rights to demand a refund?
    In total they have my car 6 weeks worth in the amount of times its gone back and no form of compensation nor like to like courtesy car was given to me

its going back again on Monday

Please please please all can you guys suggest anything

Thanks

2. Beefcake2001

Beefcake2001 Karting

Dec 5, 2013
    Did you purchase from a Ferrari main dealer ?.

I had issues with my California and like yourself was fed up and wanted to reject the car.
    However the dealer gave me a brand new masserati grancabrio until mine was repaired.
    Which finally took around 3 weeks with the assistance of Ferrari Uk.

Mine has been perfect since.

I would voice your concerns again to the dealer and request a like for like courtesy car while yours is repaired. If they are unable to find any faults insist on them involving Ferrari.
    I would inform them that you do not want the car back until they and Ferrari are certain the fault as been rectified.
    Another tip I can recomend is search the internet for any reports of cars with the same or similar faults to yourself.
    I would certainly put your comments on the 458 section on this forum our friends from over the pond are very knowlegable and helpful.
    I to was total pissed off and deflated, just hang on in there as if the car is under warranty they will sort it out.
    Then you will be back out driving with a smile from ear to ear.
    Good luck. I hope one day I will be able to upgrade to a 458 .