458 italia or wait for 458T | FerrariChat

458 italia or wait for 458T

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by SC42, Aug 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SC42

SC42 Rookie

Aug 11, 2014
    Do I wait for the 458 Turbo or do I buy the 458 with the NA engine?
    The wait could be 2 years for the T and it might not be as good?.. The Italia is simply perfect but I do understand ferrari are just moving with the times.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    And then in two years time you'll think maybe the replacement is due soon and so it will go on and you'll never buy one....

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Get an F12 and have a Ferrari as enzo intended! Bloody turbos and mid-engines! Haha

I personally couldn't wait two years for a 458T, just by a speciale, then there's a good chance the residual on trade in will be reasonable, and register a deposit on the new car right away if you can.

4. SC42

SC42 Rookie

Aug 11, 2014
    Thanks for your reply's. I opted for the "buy now" as you're right, I couldn't bloody wait.
    I collect my new 458 next week. Rosso corsa / creme. Can't wait.

I am worthy enough for a new Ferrari (feelings of guilt) No. Is anyone?!

5. Harrydino

Harrydino Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    London
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Congrats! Astonishing cars! Made the right choice!

6. Hamishmoon

Hamishmoon Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2014
    Blairgowrie,Scotland
    Full Name:
    Hamish
    I'm pushing the button for an Italia in January for April or May delivery, the last of the NA will surely end up a future classic when Im 80, oops only 25 yrs to go

7. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    I would get the NA :)

8. SC42

SC42 Rookie

Aug 11, 2014
    The 458 is simply awesome. exterior, interior, gearbox etc etc. But but but... I'm sorry to say, but my F430 was crazier and more heart racing, you really felt you were in a racing car!!! Hope i'm not upsetting people by saying this.

9. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Not upsetting me! I also drove the 458 and yes before you all hit the key board it is the better car no question!! However I found the car, well a bit too good - like an Audi R8 V10.

Finally opted for a late model F430 and no regrets, feels edgier like a Ferrari should.

Now that Aperta Speciale - might just have me reaching for the cheque book!!

10. qwertstnbir

qwertstnbir Formula 3

Jul 14, 2013
    what you like in Audi R8 V10?

11. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Good car if you like Audi's i.e an everyday car - easy it drive easy to live with - my wife could drive it.

Maybe that's what the latest new breed of Ferrari owners want!