EU Import - Filling in V55/5 | FerrariChat

EU Import - Filling in V55/5

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 28RC, Oct 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 28RC

28RC Rookie

Sep 6, 2014
    West Midlands
    Full Name:
    Dilip
    Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me fill in a V55/5 form for a ferrari 328 GTS imported in from the EU. The year of manufacture is 1986 and I don't have a certificate of conformity. The V55/5 requires a lot of info from the CoC and I was wondering if anybody knew of any shortcuts..

Thanks in advance,

Dilip

2. WalkerSport

WalkerSport Rookie

May 13, 2009
    Oswestry, Shropshire
    Full Name:
    Tim.
    Once you have done the Nova application, had the car MOT'd you can then apply for the registration document, to do this you must have an accurate dating letter, The Maranello Archive run by Tony Willis is your easiliest route, the cars previous registration documents can help, plus you can copy a lot of the technical info and layout from a current 328 registration document (as long as you can get a scan of one).

T.

3. masermad

masermad Rookie

Jan 13, 2009
    over 10 years old you should not need CofC, so I ignore the parts that ask.
    problem is people in DVLA do not know their own rules. Do NOVA with C&E Dover & dating letter or other proof, MOT & insurance which can be done from chassis number.
    proof of your own identity etc.

4. rscorer

rscorer Rookie

May 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Just fill in the bits you know. I imported my 355 from California and it obviously doesn't have a CoC either. I called the DVLA and they were incredibly helpful and told me just fill in as best you can. Bits that refer to the CoC can't be completed - but they don't expect them to be either.

In fact I called in to double check that, and the second chap even told me which lines were required. Sadly I ticked them on my V55 and sent that in, or I'd tell you which ones they were!!

Good luck!
    Richard