Ferrari 550M recomissioning | FerrariChat

Ferrari 550M recomissioning

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by SE16, Oct 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SE16

SE16 Karting

Apr 13, 2007
    UAE and London
    Hi

I am from the UK but based in the middle east. I own a 1997 Italian spec 550M.

The car has been stood for sometime but is largely original and needs re-commissioning.

It needs a patient mechanic who will use be willing to have items refurbished as opposed to using brand new parts for everything (e.g shocks, steering rack etc) and also someone who can think through preventative measures such as better cooling pipes etc.

Any recommendations for someone with this profile that knows 550's well and is reasonable in his approach to work.

Rgds

2. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    Is the car based in the uk or Middle East?

3. SE16

SE16 Karting

Apr 13, 2007
    UAE and London
    Sorry- should have been clear. I am seeking a specilaist in UK or Europe as I will ship the car

4. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

In the UK, I would recommend Grimaldi Engineering in Halstead, Essex. Roberto is meticulous, reasonably priced, and knows this era of F-cars very well.

5. RobinD

RobinD Karting

Aug 17, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Full Name:
    Robin Duxbury
    I'm sure there are plenty up to the job but my vote would go to the guys at Shiltech in Loughborough

6. king_kenny

king_kenny Rookie

Feb 17, 2014
    2nd vote for shiltech..... very pragmatic on the resoration front....

7. DAYTONASME

DAYTONASME Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    DAYTONASME
    Would recommend R&D Automotive in Eccles, Manchester - 0161 789 3555, proprietor Nick Davies trained on this model when it was new. No commercial interest on my part, just a satisfied, repeat customer.

E