Meridien Modena Lyndhurst - My experience | FerrariChat

Meridien Modena Lyndhurst - My experience

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by phil the brit, Feb 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    So I am on holiday on a short break down in Bournmouth and I start the Quattroporte on the first morning here to find a message on screen "ECU malfunction, go to dealer". The car is not in limp mode but thought I should go to dealer to get it checked as I have quite a few miles to do this week.
    Went to the service department of Meridien Modena (not the same site as their car sales) and met Jeff Cook one of the service advisors. He made me and wife most welcome, gave us coffee and sat us down in the waiting room while he immediately got a technician to check it over. After a while ne said he would need to have the car for several hours yet and would we like to be driven into Lyndhurst where we could go shopping/have some lunch.
    3pm came and he rung to say they had error codes keep coming up but he would send the driver to pick us up and take us back the the service department by which time hopefully the car would be ready.
    When we got back he explained that the error lights on the dasboard were now all gone and these probably came up as a result of a flat battery that I had had on the car a couple of weeks earlier. He was not totally confident that the problem was fixed so he would not take any payment at all. Flat out refused to take any money despite having worked on the car for a good three hours diagnosing the problem.
    People are often quick to knock dealers when things go wrong and not write positive things when something good happens.
    The service I received from Meridien Modena this week was out of this world and so if posting this experience on here gives someone else the confidence to trust this dealer then I feel I have done a little to repay then for what they did for me. To "drop everything" to help someone who arrives at the front door unannounced was indeed great service.
    Many thanks Meridien Modena.
    Phil

2. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Sounds like a great shop treating you like that.

Hope the QP is better.

3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Great story, the dealer is definitely doing his bit for customers. I have to agree that when I've dealt with them they've always been very good

4. 458Andy

458Andy Rookie

Jan 31, 2015
    UK
    Always heard good things about Meridian. Different approach being a smaller family dealership than one if the big groups. I will be using them when the 458 needs anything. Nice to hear positives which oftern get forgotten on forums!

5. TonyJerseyUK

TonyJerseyUK Karting

Mar 21, 2013
    Here here! They are the default Fezzer dealership for the Channel Islands, and they've been really friendly and helpful with my 206gt, both with mechanical work and Classiche Cert assistance.

Cheers,

Tony

6. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    Meridian sales and service departments are a model for other dealerships to follow. I purchased a 575 from them. My initial email enquiry was responded to very quickly. At the time I was interested in two 575s. The other dealership ignored my emails. I can only presume that the second dealership thought I was a time waster having received an enquiry for a vehicle from someone in Australia.

The salesman at Meridien did not see it that way and was extremely helpful. He answered all my questions and promptly sent me photos that I requested. When the transaction was concluded I requested for some extra items and was put in contact with the service department. Once again all discussion was via email. The service adviser was excellent to deal with. I would have no hesitation to purchase from them again.

7. geoffpfc

geoffpfc Rookie

Aug 15, 2013
    Hampshire England
    Full Name:
    Geoff
    For a balanced view about Meridien I would advise that anyone considering using them should look them up on the Club Scuderia forum.

8. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    My post was from my personal experience. Others may have had experiences not as good as mine. This is what forums are about, sharing good and bad experiences so others can make informed decisions