Chichester restaurant recommendations | FerrariChat

Chichester restaurant recommendations

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jack-the-lad, Feb 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    My wife and I will be attending the GRRC Members Meeting in March. Although we've been to Goodwood seven times prior, we have never visited Chichester. Can anyone recommend a high street, white table cloth type restaurant in town? We also like gastro pubs and good Indian cuisine as well. (By the way, we're Yanks in case you couldn't tell:))

Many thanks.

Jack

2. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Jack. I lived in Chichester,and visit regularly. Give me a day or two to consider a definitive list,and I will follow up.

3. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Jack, May I ask where you are staying while at Goodwood?

4. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thank you, Michael. We stay in a farm cottage in Sutton, a village between Goodwood and Petworth.

5. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Jack. I will keep this brief. Must go to Chichester..great place,Roman city. Park in any city centre car park. There are four main streets ,N.S.E.& W radiating out from central market cross, very easy ,and pedestrianised. There are no gastro pubs of any note,or really good Indian. So,my suggestions are ....halfway up North Street,on the left,'Amelie and Friends'. At the end of East Street,' Brasserie Raymond Blanc'. From your previous visits to Goodwood,you may know of the 'Royal Oak' at Lavant,just a mile from the circuit,and great pub food. From your cottage in Sutton,I expect you know the town of Petworth. Turn left as you arrive onto the A272 signed Midhurst. Look out for the 'Halfway Bridge Inn' on the right,3 miles. Nice and close for you,and highly recommended. Should anyone else from accross the pond read this post,I would be more than happy to guide you through hotels within a 10 mile radius of the track,and eateries/places to see etc.etc.

6. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thank you, Michael. Your advice is spot on, as we have visited both the Royal Oak and the Halfway Bridge Inn many times. The Royal Oak is worth visiting just for the challenges presented by the car park! We have stayed in the reconstructed stables at the Halfway Bridge Inn and can recommend it.

In Sutton the pub is the White Horse and I rate it highly if you are ever that far off of the beaten path.

7. DAYTONASME

DAYTONASME Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    DAYTONASME
  8. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thank you, Edward. Good recommendation....we have eaten there several times and will do so again. We were just able to get a table at The Kennels for Friday night, so the plan for Friday will be to visit Chichester, have lunch in town, and then dinner at The Kennels on the way back to Sutton.

9. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Well,Jack. I am pleased that you have that fully sorted. I did not mention The Kennels,as I knew it would be difficult. I love it. Also know Fox Goes Free,Charlton. All in all,your experiences in and around Goodwood have,I am sure been a good experience. Have you eaten at the White Horse,Chilgrove?

10. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Woops!,sorry Jack,my wife reminds me that it has gone now,was a brilliant resto/pub in my youth. However,have a great visit next week. Please let me know how it all went.

11. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Which one is gone? Surely not The Fox Goes Free, I hope!

We did have lunch at Amelie and Friends and it was excellent in every respect. Thanks for the recommendation.

12. richardson michael

Aug 17, 2013
    brittany. france
    Full Name:
    michael richardson
    Thanks Jack,and also for the photos. Clearly,you both had a good time.