Ferrari blueprints and design drawings 1946-1967 | FerrariChat

Ferrari blueprints and design drawings 1946-1967

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tongascrew, Apr 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    I am looking for these to add to my collection of over 1200 books, magazines,period photographs historic documents and files on 1182 individual Ferrari chassis starting with 01C.I have several of these and am looking to find more. I realize these are difficult to find.There are some of these out there which have not been properly stored and are suffering from a certain amount of fading.I am willing to consider these also. I will want good quality copies of any items to be considered which can be sent by the internet to my e-mail at [email protected]. I am a regular contributor to F Chat in the USA using a signature of "tongascrew". You can contact me there and or PM me or use my e-mail address. I am also doing a series of threads in the USA Vintage section under the title of "brief book reviews" You are welcome to read and comment on these.If you would like I can post these reviews in your F Chat G B section. Have a look around and see what you can find. Thanks tongascrew

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    George,

Do you know le art et Automobile?

They actually operate out of Texas but their last auction had Ferrari blueprints.
    I recall one of them was my 308GTB!

3. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Thanks.I am very familiar with this place and have done business with them before. The only dealer I have found that won't accept credit cards or Paypal.George

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, they have some more Pininfarina blueprints, in this next auction!!!

??? on credit card, as IIRC they take my card, it's a Debit card.....

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    To clarify, the auction ends tomorrow, it has a 330GT2 + 2, a 275GTC, and the really cool P5.

Sent you a PM to remind you.

I was thinking of Fangio's autograph, on the repro Cuba poster, but really, i have enough art..too much maybe!
    :D

6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Blueprints can be a tricky. The only ones that have value are those that depict the entire car, chassis or engine; most of the originals out there are for bolts, chassis members, brackets etc. Blueline fades or lifts over time so they are difficult to display, the image gradually disappears. Having said that I think that many of them are very cool. Originals need to be preserved but require special care.

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yep, these had the "corner fade" of legitimate ammonia paper.

Original draftings of course would be "art" and not reflect that symptom.

I should have gotten the images, they were side, and profile and half section of the complete cars...pretty nice.

the last sale had the 308GTB.

If I could resist that one, I can resist them all!
    :D :D :D

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I will just bump this thread for every new Auction.

One started today, and it has some MORE blueprints!!
    And of course other 'way cool items" too!

Don't bid against me, on that Monaco travel poster....:D :D :D