From Porsche to Ferrari, what to get?! | FerrariChat

From Porsche to Ferrari, what to get?!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Minxii, May 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Minxii

Minxii Rookie

May 30, 2015
    My partner currently has a Porsche but is planning to upgrade to a Ferrari next month (black body, black rims) and I want to buy him a scale model version ahead of then. I know nothing about Ferrari so was hoping one of you experts could recommend a good scale model to get and where to buy it in the UK?

I've been looking at a black 458 speciale (elite edition) but not sure if that's a model that'll impress him...?

What Ferrari inspired present would you want ahead of buying your first Ferrari?

Any advice welcome, thanks!

2. michael243

michael243 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2013
    UK
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Well the model to get would depend on what car he is getting?

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Fujimi or Bburago make accurate models for a reasonable price.
    I would go for 1/18 size if the make the version you require.
    You could go to the Ferrari shop on line as they sell lots of different models if you have plenty to spend. Models & Collections - Collectibles

4. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I'd go for a model of a classic racer. Like a 250 LM, 315/335 S, 250 GTO or the achingly beautiful 330 P3/412 P.

This was at the heart of Enzo Ferrari and made the brand what it is today. It's Ferrari's DNA.

The great man cared for his race cars, the road cars were a means to an end - to help pay for racing. I was given a little red racing car for my sixth birthday. That started a long love for the whole thing that is Ferrari. Today it's a very silly obsession :D

So I'd go for a model of a classic racer.

Alternatively, there are some wonderful books which focus on the man (like Una Vita Per L'Automobile), his machines and/or his legacy.

Have fun.

5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Aside from recommending a colour coded credit card for the fuel and service costs (I jest, don't worry, they are reliable these days!), how about a really nice key fob from the Ferrari collections, so that every time he holds them, he thinks of how special the car is and how lucky he is to own one, and your support of the decision to get one?