Global Airport Entry | FerrariChat

Global Airport Entry

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by luvair, Nov 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
  2. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Doesn't apply at all. The UK program has some restrictions but can greatly speed up entry. Terminal 5 in Heathrow is a mess every time I enter the UK

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Every time I try to use the Kiosk entering the UK it doesn't work for me. It does for others and I have to go through the lines like everyone else.

4. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    If you have a British passport, you just wave it at the immigration officers and don't even have to break your stride. :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

5. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    That's not quite true. They inspect it and match your face to your photograph. They slide it through the electronic reader or just check the holograms. And they might ask you a question or two. It's fairly painless.

If you choose to use the smartchip kiosk, it is fairly quick, like putting a ticket into a subway turnstile, with maybe a couple of seconds extra time.

I prefer the humans...it seems to move more quickly and they can handle exceptions better.

Mostly T3, T4.

6. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Arriving in Glasgow International Airport, I've had times where I held my passport open at the picture page in front of me and as I approached the border control officer they just waved me on by before I'd even reached the desk, so I just kept walking. London and Manchester have always been a bit more stringent.

All the best,
    Andrew.