DK Engineering | FerrariChat

DK Engineering

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ROMO, Jan 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Do any of you have experience with DK Engineering whether in purchasing a car from them or having Ferrari's serviced by them?
    Any insight and experiences with them would be appreciated whether positive or negative.
    Thank you!

2. TheCook

TheCook Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2015
    Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I've not purchased from DK but both my 430 and 612 are looked after by them and they do a great job. Very professional outfit with a real passion for Ferrari - classic and contemporary.

3. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    I bought my F40 from a well known UK indie dealer. They had installed new tanks but the tanks were crap. It was my first F40 and I didn't know better.

The car stank of fuel. It was a bomb on wheels. The dealer who sold me the car offered to look at it but I wasn't going to touch them again with a barge pole.

Instead I spoke to DK, they were horrified with the other dealer's installation and at the awful quality of the crap UK made tanks. DK sorted new US made tanks and the car has been a dream since.

4. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Thank you Camlet1!

5. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    You're always welcome!

6. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I met David Cottingham over in blighty
    he was originally some sort of scientist, restored his own car
    quit being a scientist and went into restoration.
    Now he has two robust sons assisting him and I must say , sales wise,
    they are giving other exotic car dealers in the UK a run for the money.Plus they take their own cars out on the racetrack at Goodwood and give them a good caning.

They just restored Earl's 275GTS which I am eager to video once it clears customs.

So that's my two cents, great guys...

7. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    thanks for the input as well!

8. prototypefan

prototypefan Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2005
    ab, canada
    purchased two cars from them, sight unseen, when I got there they were as described

one of which they supplied full support for Goodwood, for me it was an arrive and drive experience

cars were stored for a period as I'd hoped to use them again for another event

DK then organized shipping and the cars showed up on time

wonderful experience all around

9. buster bram

buster bram Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2005
    mussolini's Garage
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Hi Roma DK are one of the longest best Ferrari restorers and dealers around with a world wide reputation David and Kate are great supporters to the Ferrari v12 group in the uk and the Ferrari owners club. I can highly recommend them good honest people. Always worth a visit to see the amazing work they do. ( David also loves Jaguars as well so a good bloke I my book)

Regards

Sean