Car collections/showrooms/museums this weekend? | FerrariChat

Car collections/showrooms/museums this weekend?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ersatzS2, Jan 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    I'm staying over Saturday with some downtime after a business trip to London this week. Any suggestions for touring collector car showrooms, museums or by extraordinary coincidence, events to be aware of???
    thanks,
    Brandon

2. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    #2 jtremlett, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    No events I know of offhand in the London area on Saturday.

No car museums in central London but plenty of other kinds of museums.

Off the top of my head:

HR Owen are the Ferrari main dealer in central London: H.R. Owen London, Official Ferrari Dealer in South Kensington, London However, they don't have a huge showroom. Their Lamborghini showroom (Lamborghini London) is in the same street.

Fiskens are also close by: FISKENS | Fine Historic Automobiles I'm not sure of their opening times so probably best to email or call them before visiting.

Graeme Hunt (mostly British cars) are in the same area www.graemehunt.com

Always lots of interesting cars at Joe Macari in Wandsworth both in the showroom and in the service area - they do a lot of restorations as well: Joe Macari - Performance Cars London - Official Ferrari and Maserati Aftersales main-dealer - Joe Macari

Bob Forstner are in Park Lane: BobForstner- Excalibur park lane- lamborghini, pagani, bentley, RUF, porsche, bugatti

Jonathan

3. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Add Reece Mews in SW7 to that list - both Peter Bradfield and Hexagon Classics based there.

It all depends what you're after OP; if you just want to see the latest supercars then they will be buzzing around Knightsbridge / Mayfair all the time.

There's usually a pretty interesting 'collection' of cars in the Cadogan Place car park near Harrods...

-Ed

4. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  5. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    Thanks guys. It transpired that free time was nil so no opportunity to explore. I was interested in vintage cars sorry not to specify. Next time!