308 or 328 | FerrariChat

308 or 328

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by mansellfan, Oct 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mansellfan

mansellfan Rookie

Oct 11, 2016
    Looking at how these prices have gone MENTAL which is the best long term [10 year] investment? Both are gorgeous[Magnum memories] and I had a 308GTB through my hands many many years ago at 16k - cant believe I let it go

2. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
    £16k.......... you overpaid.

I remember buying a carb 308GTB which was six years old for £14k in the mid 80's. Advertised as I recall in the Exchange and Mart !

All relative at the time though.

I also remember not so many years later a premium laden Testarossa would cost you £500k.........
    I can still smell the burnt fingers (not mine fortunately).

3. vaccarella

vaccarella Formula 3

Apr 16, 2011
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Both are easy to maintain. I'd say 308 has the long term edge. It has a more elegant interior, with mechanical switchgear. Pure mechanical stops at the last carb models. Although rudimentary, the injected cars have electronics and by the 328 you have microswitches.

Both are great cars, though. You should enjoy driving them and smile if they just so happen to turn a profit long term.

4. RED HEAD

RED HEAD Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    H
    Both great cars and I've been lucky to have had both 308 and 328B. However I went for another 308 GTB carb (last right hand drive ever produced) having sold my first one and immediately regretted it. The carb sound, retro switches all give a lovely old school Ferrari feel and fun drive.

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Out of interest what level of proof is there for this ? Is it 34347 (308gtb.de) ?

6. RED HEAD

RED HEAD Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    H
    I've actually got 34329 which has been documented in a lot of books as being the last ever carb car. We know this is not correct as more were made thereafter. 34347 was shipped on the same lorry as my car. I didn't realise it is a Euro RHD which is very interesting if this site is correct. I certainly don't attribute any extra value to my car being noted in the books etc. - and far from it. I find Ferrari's chassis numbering interesting though. I would love to see some pictures of 34347 if anyone had any.