Lowering a 458 in the UK | FerrariChat

Lowering a 458 in the UK

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Omegaelite, Nov 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Omegaelite

Omegaelite Karting

Sep 11, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jesse Harfield
    Struggling with the google to find somebody to lower my 458 at the front with the lift system , who is not in the north or a gazillion miles away....After something within a 100 mile radius of reading ? Anybody any ideas....Can find loads of companies in the north but none in the south

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #2 greyboxer, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    I know QV near Windsor or Damax near Brackley have a lot of experience lowering earlier cars so they may know where to start on 458 - it probably depends on if you are just trying to lower within standard parameters or really want to mess with the suspension

3. Omegaelite

Omegaelite Karting

Sep 11, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jesse Harfield
    #3 Omegaelite, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    H&R or Novitec do the springs in the UK. You'll also need or go somewhere that has, a few camber shims for the bottom arms, obviously a full Geo required afterwards, and make sure the steering angle sensor is recalibrated....

5. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    QV would be my choice, you'll need to ensure tracking and camber are checked/adjusted too if lowering.

6. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I would recommend thesupercarrooms near Birmingham. They can also organize the absolutely required geometry on the same day (done by 3rd party). I have used them several times in the past for this type of jobs. A little more than 100 miles from Reading but for you don't want amateur to mess around with your car suspension or people who will not charge you through the nose. From experience, just changing the springs will easily cost you 1000GBP, probably 2X or even 3X more at an official dealer (at least 2h per wheel). Also I have H&R on my 599 (from HGTE springs) and they are pretty stiff and a bit noisy at low speed!

7. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    £1000 to change the springs???? Wow!!!!!!!!

8. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    yep 2 to 3 hours each wheel, do the maths ...

9. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    I don't need to. I know overcharging when I see it. If they are taking three hours to change one spring they need to think about employing better technicians....

10. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    I'm at an hour a corner here, but I'm in the heart of West London so you playboys up north may be paying more...