RAAB BOOK | FerrariChat

RAAB BOOK

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by aibremner, Dec 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aibremner

aibremner Rookie

Mar 6, 2008
    hertfordshire in UK
    Full Name:
    andrew ironside brem
    i need some information and I gather that most is available in the RAAB book of FERRARI NUMBERS - volume 1, I think, road-going odd-numbers to include the 365 range of V12 engines, specifically the 365 GTC/4 and the GT4.

Is there a kind person out there who can lend me a copy? I live in South Cambs so we could meet up someone and I can establish whether the info is there for me.

There would be a drink in it, as they say.

2. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    What sort of info are you looking for from it?
    I have a copy but am no where near Cambridgeshire but will happily forward on to you what you could be looking for vie email.

Paul

3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #4 Wheels1, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    I have a copy Andrew.
    You are more than welcome to come take a look, I live just the other side of Cambridge. Please send me a PM if that's any good. Ps, I will be your side of cambridge, in Granchester Late Sunday afternoon.

5. nico308

nico308 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2011
    What does this book gives for informations I many times see a refer to this Hilary raab books but never saw one does it give the information about where each car was delivered an the color of the carswhen new ?

best regards

6. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Delivering dealer or first owner if known, Pinin Farina job number if applicable, Scaglieetti body number/engine number/internal number/ seating position...all where known and applicable...also whether car was displayed at a certain motor show (where known), if it had distinguishing features etc

Matthias Urban's recent book has duplicated most of this and carried on with more modern cars.
    Paul

7. nico308

nico308 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2011
    thank you for the respons I have Matthias Urban's book but it only gives former owner's names if ''famous '' and new delivery for the F40 so the Hilary book will probably give me more cars numbers for my chase of the cars sold new in Belgium.

Thanks

8. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Nothing about F40 !

9. nico308

nico308 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2011
    I was talking about the Matthias Urban serial number manual that there was for the F40 the country were they are delivered as new not the Hilary Raab book.
    Like I'm more interested about older cars(before the mid 70's)I will look if at my next event I can find the Hilary Raab book and if this book can provide me more informations.

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The Raab book lists cars until chassis number 21399 (Mondial).
    However, one has to be extremely careful with the content because there is some mis-information such as incorrect assembly sequence and body numbers, also a few types/models, and many names of first owners. The book was published 19 years ago.

Marcel Massini

11. nico308

nico308 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2011
    Mr Massini
    Thank you for your respons I will try to look for it at the next event I will go to.

Best regards