European 550 talk ? | FerrariChat

European 550 talk ?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by MontpellierVanMan, Dec 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MontpellierVanMan

Dec 10, 2016
    Montpellier, France
    Full Name:
    Rory
    About to join the ranks via a 550, and can see there is a lot of useful stuff here.

Can anyone suggest similar Forums which might be more European-centred, and that I could/should read in parallel with ferrarichat - I am a Brit living in the South of France and am particularly interested in hands-on mechanical stuff.

Many thanks in advance.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There is a francophone forum mentioned in the French section and a UK forum sometimes mentioned in the uk section if thats any help

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #3 Wheels1, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If its 550 talk you want, then you will have a job to beat the 550 section here. Use the search button on that section and you will be hard pressed not to find what you are looking for.
    A Barchetta who be great there, roof down you can truly appreciate the sound.
    Head off up the mountain, through Montpeyroux and hear the echo of the exhaust, I used to love going to the top of the mountain where the aerial masts are, in my V8 MGB many years ago.
    Photo's, Devil's bridge near Montpeyroux, on the way up, sunset at the top.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. MontpellierVanMan

Dec 10, 2016
    Montpellier, France
    Full Name:
    Rory
    #4 MontpellierVanMan, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    Could have been us with you, Grant, but our E-Type is cream ; I went over the bridge on Tuesday in the Mini Van.

Recognise the track on Mont St Baudille in your sunset shot, and the road back down to Arboras in the other ?

I need a 550 to go and try the A75 between Lodève and Le Caylar, surely one of the most extraordinary bits of road to have been built in the last 20 years in Europe.

5. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #5 Wheels1, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We went through Arboras on the way up and down, good spot Rory. My family had a house near their, we sold it only 23 years ago, doesn't time fly, I have very fond memories of long holidays there when I was young!

My friend was holidaying with us with his E-type way back when, we went for a blast in the mountains, hit the dual carriageway near Lodeve on the way back and who was waiting around the corner with a speed gun, you've guess it and that was not the only gun he had, so we thought it best to stop, and as I had all my docs ready, it was me that had to pay the fine, even though he was in the lead at the time!

We went back there when my boys were young and this is the view the other way from the top.