UK Delivered 308GTSi | FerrariChat

UK Delivered 308GTSi

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by rjlloyd, Feb 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd
    Hello all

I own a 1981 308GTSi that was originally delivered new to the UK.

Chassis number is 38031. I am currently restoring this vehicle back to original UK spec, it has been in Australia since 2009.

If anybody has any info on this vehicle, I would love to hear about it

A couple of questions,

1) can anyone advise whether UK delivered had a space saver or full sized spare ? it currently has a 14 x 6 Cromodora

2) what was originally supplied in the owners pouch ? I have sourced so far owners manual, sales and service manual, service record book and the two agip lube charts. Is there anything else I am missing.

Many thanks

Richard

2. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd
    If my information is correct, the last registration number it had in the UK was FKO 308Y

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    If you haven't already done so contact the Maranello Archive ([email protected]) who may have original supply/manufacture details

4. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd

Thanks for that, the previous owner who brought the car in from the UK contacted Tony Willis and I have all the info Tony could provide, which in this cars case wasn't a lot. I know it was silver with blue interior when delivered from factory. From my limited info I thought it was changed to red with tan interior very early on, possibly within the first couple of years. The car is currently undergoing a back to metal respray and the painter has showed me areas where the paint is up to 6 or 7 layers 3 silver and 3 to 4 red, so I'm now wondering if it was silver for more years than I thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd
    #5 rjlloyd, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017