North Coast 500 | FerrariChat

North Coast 500

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by irvinest, Feb 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    Was wondering if any members have driven this road and care to share their experiences and interesting things that they did along the way or must see sights?
    Thinking of doing a summer drive with my eldest (11 yr old) daughter.
    Speciale and Scud, while they would be epic to drive it are probably too loud and lets be honest have crap sound systems for her liking. Leaves me the choice of the 550, 599 or the new F12 when it arrives. Or go totally old school and take the series 1 e type, roof down motoring in Scotland in summer - am I being too optimistic with the weather?
    And yes I am Scottish so I can sort of say that.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #2 greyboxer, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  3. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    If you're up for making a (small) group trip out of it then I'd be interested in joining, I've been wanting to take the 360 up there for a while now but it's never happened.

4. F.Watson

F.Watson Rookie

Sep 16, 2014
    I first drove those roads in 1994. Subsequently, I thought long and hard about what would be the best car for that route and purchased a Lotus Elise for the job.

With regard to roof down in the Highland summer, beware of the midges when you stop.

Of the other cars you mention , I only have a Scuderia 16M so cannot say which is the most suitable.