Ferrari F430 having this problem CST | FerrariChat

Ferrari F430 having this problem CST

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by darkangel7747, Jun 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darkangel7747

darkangel7747 Rookie

Jun 20, 2009
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Alex Adam Low
    Hi guys, I am having this problem, can someone advice. Thanks

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Sorry mate, haven't seen it before, but clearly suspension, either physical issue with the systems, or an ecu/sensor issue. Hopefully bad sensor, normally is. Have you tried the system reset in the owners manual?, that's the first place I'd start, as whenever I've had error codes, a 'spanner check' of related areas, and if that fails, reset, tends to work.

Before you do the reset , I would check all tyre pressures, make sure brakes and wheels clean and free of any dust and rubbish, and all bolts tight. You know how sensitive these cars can get.

Could just be a spanner check and reset will clear it, but once the reset done, if it clears, drive it a few miles and let the sensors all register a few reports to the ecu to check its working smoothly again.

3. darkangel7747

darkangel7747 Rookie

Jun 20, 2009
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Alex Adam Low
    Hi Simon, thanks for fast reply, at first I think could be the cause of the battery, so I change to a new battery. After I change it, it still the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. darkangel7747

darkangel7747 Rookie

Jun 20, 2009
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Alex Adam Low
    Could it be the shock absorber?

5. darkangel7747

darkangel7747 Rookie

Jun 20, 2009
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Alex Adam Low

Thanks for the update mate, will try your way and update you guys again.

6. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    Manetino warning light. Could be many things but the spiral contact behind the steering wheel failing is common.

Disconnect the battery for half an hour. Reconnect it, drive the. At, if the light comes on when the steering wheel is turned either way it's likely the spiral contact is the cause.

You really need a proper diagnostic check before carpet-bombing it with parts though..

daytona355 likes this.
  7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Check the negative battery cable connections, i was having ghost alarms traced to poor connections on the negative side.
    Disconnect the battery cables, connect a multimeter to the negative battery clamp and to an earth point under the cover behind the seat. Do the same with the positive cables. Measure the resistance ohms- my negative lead was over twice the resistance of the positive lead. Remake the connections on the high resistance lead. It may be losing voltage due to poor connections.

8. parkem

parkem Karting

Feb 17, 2012
    florida
    Full Name:
    peter palermo
    Had the same problem,it was the wheel sensor on front passenger side.you need to have it checked to see which wheel it is

9. khalidb43

khalidb43 Rookie

Dec 5, 2013
    Full Name:
    italian horses
    Hello,

Any conclusion on this issue? Having the same problem.

Thanks!

10. johnjstewart

johnjstewart Rookie

May 6, 2008
    York
    Full Name:
    John Stewart
    Any conclusion? I am having exactly the same issue.

11. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Mine had a warning like that when battery was dying

12. johnjstewart

johnjstewart Rookie

May 6, 2008
    York
    Full Name:
    John Stewart
    Failed ABS sensor on front offside wheel. The sensor is part of the wheel bearing around £350 for the part plus tax and a couple of hours labour. Not too terrible.

Danny T. likes this.