Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - International > United Kingdom

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-14-2017, 04:45 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Munich, Germany
Full Name: Adrian Bogacki
Posts: 2,779
Salon Privé 2017

Hello to all FerrariChat members from the UK!

I'm from Munich, Germany and I'm planning to visit London in the last week of August. I'm also very interested to visit the supercar event Salon Privé on the 31. August - 2. September:
https://www.facebook.com/events/7306...A%22null%22%7D
https://www.salonpriveconcours.com/

I think I will buy a ticket for the "Chubb Insurance Concours d'Elégance" and "Concours Masters presents Tribute to 70 Years of Ferrari". What are your recommendations? On which day I will see the most interesting cars (particularly Ferraris)? Are some of you guys also going there? Please let me know! It would be nice to meet you there! See you!

Best
Adrian
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #2  
Old 07-14-2017, 11:12 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Full Name: Paul Harris
Posts: 5,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Ferrari View Post
Hello to all FerrariChat members from the UK!

I'm from Munich, Germany and I'm planning to visit London in the last week of August. I'm also very interested to visit the supercar event Salon Privé on the 31. August - 2. September:
https://www.facebook.com/events/7306...A%22null%22%7D
https://www.salonpriveconcours.com/

I think I will buy a ticket for the "Chubb Insurance Concours d'Elégance" and "Concours Masters presents Tribute to 70 Years of Ferrari". What are your recommendations? On which day I will see the most interesting cars (particularly Ferraris)? Are some of you guys also going there? Please let me know! It would be nice to meet you there! See you!

Best
Adrian
Saturday is the day for Ferrari...I hope to be there that day...

Paul
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-15-2017, 02:03 AM
F1 Veteran
Honorary
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,161
Salon Privé, Blenheim Palace

Saturday 2nd September 2017 is the BIG Ferrari day. Strongly recommended. Expect 70+ Ferraris, one for each year.
I will be there.

Marcel Massini
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-15-2017, 09:09 AM
Wheels1's Avatar
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Full Name: Grant
Posts: 2,014
If the weather is good, I will be there on Sat., free ticket from the Ferrari Owners club GB.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 15
FOC Free Ticket

If you are talking about the 'End of Summer Party' FOC free tickets, the event is on Sunday.
BTW for the OP there were some unwanted tickets for the Saturday event for sale on the UK FOC website classifieds. Worth a look as they are very expensive!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-16-2017, 04:28 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Munich, Germany
Full Name: Adrian Bogacki
Posts: 2,779
Thank you guys for your recommendations! The "Concours Masters presents Tribute to 70 Years of Ferrari" is now for sure!

This sounds also very interesting: https://www.blenheimclassicsupercar.com/

I think these are the days to go. I would be also great to meet some F-Chat members there in person! See you!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-16-2017, 04:32 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Munich, Germany
Full Name: Adrian Bogacki
Posts: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by 575MF1HGTC View Post
If you are talking about the 'End of Summer Party' FOC free tickets, the event is on Sunday.
BTW for the OP there were some unwanted tickets for the Saturday event for sale on the UK FOC website classifieds. Worth a look as they are very expensive!
Can you send me a link? I can't find something: https://www.ferrariownersclub.co.uk/classifieds/
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-16-2017, 05:45 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 15
You are in the right place! Go to 'Parts and Accessories' and it's there. Might have been sold already I guess.
Reply With Quote
Non-Sponsor Ads
  #9  
Old 07-16-2017, 06:33 AM
angelis's Avatar
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London, England
Full Name: Sy
Posts: 6,255
If you are Drivers Union member, please don't buy tickets yet for the Saturday. I will be emailing details out to everyone in the next few days.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Wheels1's Avatar
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Full Name: Grant
Posts: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelis View Post
If you are Drivers Union member, please don't buy tickets yet for the Saturday. I will be emailing details out to everyone in the next few days.
Thanks Sy.
I should be there on Sat. one way or another.

I have sent a message to the FOC asking them to confirm the day. The Salon Prive site says it finishes on Sat. which is a bit strange if the club is going on Sunday!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-16-2017, 09:06 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: South East
Full Name: Jimmie
Posts: 9,129
I get the sense Salon Prive are not advertising the Sunday so they can get as many people as possible to pay the maximum for the other days - the Sunday is then a rebranded final day of the same event https://www.blenheimclassicsupercar.com/
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-16-2017, 09:52 AM
F1 Veteran
Honorary
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyboxer View Post
I get the sense Salon Prive are not advertising the Sunday so they can get as many people as possible to pay the maximum for the other days - the Sunday is then a rebranded final day of the same event https://www.blenheimclassicsupercar.com/
Salon Privé ends Saturday evening 2nd September.
Nothing to do with that other event on Sunday.

Marcel Massini
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-16-2017, 10:51 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: South East
Full Name: Jimmie
Posts: 9,129
With the greatest respect surely this description suggests otherwise:

"After 12 years organising the renowned luxury automotive show Salon Privé, we have teamed up with Blenheim Palace to host a brand-new Classic & Supercar show on Sunday 3 September"

The same organisers (Performance Events Ltd) at the same venue on consecutive days is hardly 'nothing to do with that other event'
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-16-2017, 02:34 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Munich, Germany
Full Name: Adrian Bogacki
Posts: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by 575MF1HGTC View Post
You are in the right place! Go to 'Parts and Accessories' and it's there. Might have been sold already I guess.
I found the tickets! Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-16-2017, 03:17 PM
F1 Veteran
Honorary
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyboxer View Post
With the greatest respect surely this description suggests otherwise:

"After 12 years organising the renowned luxury automotive show Salon Privé, we have teamed up with Blenheim Palace to host a brand-new Classic & Supercar show on Sunday 3 September"

The same organisers (Performance Events Ltd) at the same venue on consecutive days is hardly 'nothing to do with that other event'
Relax please. I meant to say two separate events, separate names, same location of course. And same weekend on consecutive days.

Marcel Massini
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.


FerrariChat.com has no association with Ferrari S.p.A.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.