Games we are Playing Now! | FerrariChat

Games we are Playing Now!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SPEEDCORE, Jan 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Tell us what games you are currently playing on any system and what you think of it.

I'm currently playing the following on Xbox360

Forza3 - awesome but I need a steering wheel setup. :eek: They need to release some new tracks.

Modern Warfare 2 - the Campaign was great but too short. Multi-player is good with friends esp Special Ops. MP can get annoying when you get matched up with ppl that are high levels and thus have crazy perks that make them insane killing machines. Not very realistic game-play wise but still fun.

Bioshock - Only bought this recently, what a great game! Can't put this game down. FPS/RPG elements and taking down Big Daddies is a challenge. Hopefully have it finished just as Bioshock 2 gets released next month :eek:

Saints Row - Got this in a bargain bin. Overall its pretty average game I guess for their 1st attempt at making a GTA clone they did all right considering this game is a few years old and have since released no2. Trying to get rep b4 being able to do story missions is annoying. It's funny that it has "havoc" yet the physics is like you are playing in deep space haha.

Left 4 Dead 2 - Awesome game. Even better than L4D. Better weapons, better game-play. Tho you have to play with 3 other friends to get the best from it.

On PC.
    Torchlight - Its a modern version of diablo. Got it for a fiver when Steam was having their holidays sales. Great little game and has a notebook mode so should work on any PC.

Looking forward to Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 in the coming months. :eek:

2. Savoy6

Savoy6 Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2007
    Lago Vista, Tx
    Full Name:
    John
    its been work mainly for me lately.
    but then star trek online,dragon age, forza 3.

sto is coming out of beta and is okay.
    dragon age is awesome.
    might pick mass effect as well.
    forza 3 awesome as well.

3. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    I just got the Platinum trophy for Assassin's Creed 2 this previous sunday... LOOOOVED the game.

I've also just recently finished both God of War 1 and 2 (bought the collection for PS3). Got the Platinum for GoW1, working on GoW2, and plan on getting GoW3 when it is released.

My next game will be Uncharted 2. Got it for christmas, and never played Uncharted, so here's to hoping its a good game.

Bought a friend of mine CoD:MW2 for Christmas, and two weekends ago we met up and played it for much of the weekend. The Spec Ops were certainly fun (if not irritating occasionally), but we finished quite a few of them w/ 3 stars and unlocked the Echo ops... those were sheer insanity...

4. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Call of Duty, Modern Warfare II

Hands down, best first person shooter I have ever played. Fantastic multi player mode.

Totally addictive.

Kai

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    waiting for Mass Effect 2 to arrive.

still playing Fallout3, The Saboteur, and Borderlands.

have Bioshock2 on order.

6. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I've been playing Left 4 Dead with the roommates.
    I downloaded Echochrome off of PSN. Its a puzzle game that is brilliant. Only 10 bucks.

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    NFS Shift
    CoD MW2
    Fallout 3 : I need to start playing it again.

8. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Battlefield: Bad Company (Xbox 360)
    Devil May Cry 4 (Xbox 360)
    Dirt (Playstation 3)

Good games.

9. JDZNate

JDZNate Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Pretty much just Forza and MW2. I have the new Mario Brothers game, Wii Resort, and Uncharted 2 but haven't played much of them.

10. EnzymaticRacer

Feb 27, 2005
    I completed the single player story for Uncharted 2 this weekend during the snow.

Excellent story to it... almost too good for a game, I think I would have enjoyed it more as a movie.

In a number of cases, the controls were incredibly frustrating, and in several cases on the first play-through it can be difficult to figure out where you are supposed to go.

Will probably play through it again to find more stuff... haven't tried the online portion yet, may do that at some point as well.

11. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    Been traveling for work alot but got a chance to put about five bucks into the star trek game at a movie theater in houston this week..love that game.

Played around with the Simpsons game today on the 360...actually love it.

Looking forward to Bioshock 2.

12. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Yeah I loved it too when I played it a few years back :)

13. YellowS2KVTEC

YellowS2KVTEC Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2009
    Colorado Springs
    Forza 3- only level 38 cuz i get sidetrack doing other things, i have a list of 50 cars I have done my fastest lap on Nurburgring completely stock. To see how different cars rank. And Nurburgring is AMAZING.

MW2- Beat campaign and it was pretty cool, however short. Play multiplayer a lot and have prestiged twice.

Bioshock- Got a ways into the game and all the new games came out i.e. Forza 3 and i stopped playing, so im getting back into that, its a pretty crazy game tho.

Left 4 dead 2- Great fun to break up all the other games, just go wreck a bunch of Zombies! Absolutely and improvement over the first one.

Assassins Creed 2- Fun game, has much more replayability than the first one.

GTA Ballad of Gay Tony- Awesome, best GTA so far. Multiplayer is much improved with parachutes and tanks, also a heli that shoots misiles like a machine gun.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (demo)--- Absolutely amazing. Check out the demo for free on the dashboard.

14. Chris-CXC Simulations

Chris-CXC Simulations Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    PC only for us (as we can't get motion data from consoles yet)

iRacing - The most addictive and realistic racing software there is - hands down. The tracks are millimeter perfect and the physics data is amazing. It really makes our motion systems come alive.

Dirt 2 - Actually quite a fun video game with stunning visuals. Rally is always fun with full-motion, it really gives you that airborne feeling.....

RaceOn - The latest in the long line of GTR games from SimBin. Still fun and lots of cars and tracks you'd recognize.

Chris Considine
    CXC Simulations

15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Battlefield 2 (Pc is nearing the end of its life and won't play much else :cry:)

G25 is still in storage so sadly no racing games for me (I can't believe how incredibly bad I am with the keyboard! I can't even manage a 1.40 on blackwood in that GTI thing with LFS. with G25 I do consistent 1.33s...).

X360 is broken, so no GTA4, and I've got a massive urge to play it to kill some mofo's lol

16. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Started playing Test Drive Unlimited again, even though it sounds, looks and feels awful, I still love playing it, no other racing game allows you to just cruise around.

17. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I uninstalled Fallout 3 because of unresolved driver issues, but kept my savegames. Too much going on to mess with it now.

Last night, got the Saitek Aviator joystick out and loaded the software up along with the MS Flightsim V.10 demo that came with it, did a test flight in a DeHavilland Otter. I'd forgotten how much fun I used to have with flight sims.

I also have the Ferrari racing game download from the Owner's Site, but have only played with my keypad. Needless to say, I need to configure the joystick to it. Very decent graphics and sound.

Other loaded games are Mount & Blade and Medieval II, both Age of Chivalry first person action and strategy combos, both decent graphics and above-average difficulty.

I know Assassin's Creed V.2 is now available, but I don't know if I want it if as difficult as V.1. V.1 is very tough and resource-intensive even on normal difficulty setting, but it is one cool game.

18. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Zombie Panic Source - HL2 Mod

I like it much better than the Left 4 Dead series.

19. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Until you tap someone and the cops magically get called :eek: Speeding 10x over the speed limit, go thru red lights all fine but tap someone, game over!! haha.

I had this on PC and got the No cars hack so I used to cruise around without the annoying traffic haha :D

20. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nice, I could never get the PC version to play very smoothly, but it was nice to be able to get hacks, driving around in a black 288 GTO. :)

21. EnzymaticRacer

Feb 27, 2005
    Assassin's Creed 2 is fantastic. Not as difficult as 1, as they did change some of the mechanics a bit, but its a very very good game.

22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Its terrible and relatively fun at the same time. Playing online with a friend, with a G25 was good fun. The only thing that annoyed me senseless was the physics, lack of proper track and the sound of the cars (the Challenge stradale sounded like a f'ing vacuum cleaner for christ sakes)...basically the whole game. LOL.

But it was fun cruising about in a Zonda or the DB7 Zagato (looked ugly but damn it drove nice! and the sound actually sounded nice!) for about 45 minutes before turning it off and play LFS.

I've had the idea for a while now that I should create one massive game by combining a number of games together. A map like TDU (although not similar, more european style), physics like LFS (besides the crashing physics, and ofcourse TDU style for the arcade noobs), modifying like Forza 3, Need for speed style police (and the player can play police himself to earn $$), graphics like GT5...and last but not least a bunch of REAL tracks in the game.

I'd buy it:D.

23. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It is one of those games you should hate but you can't. Whenever I drive my Stradale on a cruise I'm yelled at for driving a blender. :D

24. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thanks!

I'm going to best buy soon to look at a laptop, will check it out.

25. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Mostly I have been playing

Civilization Revolution - just like it evolving my people

Forza 3 - Just a lot of fun, the competition with you guys is nice, but you all smoke me badly...

TDU - I love that it has a 308QV in it...thats MY car and I get to drive it around Hawaii. Its the only game I know of with a 308 in it.

Fallout - just really getting started with it, so I am not really pulled in just yet.

Batman:Arkham Asylum - so far I love it

CoD MW1 - Yeah, its old, but I suck at it too. I tried the multiplayer and every group I have found is a whole lot better - its not fun respawning in a snipers scope

PDG