Go Back   FerrariChat.com > The Ferrari Lifestyle > Technology > Video Games

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Formula 3
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy_sam View Post
Yes. More info here --> http://www.fanatec.com/pwgt2. I like the wide compatibility of this device - PC/PS3/XBOX. I have a Logitech G25 wheel which I like very much - it is only compatible to the PS3 and PC platforms

If it were my money I would spend on a specialized gaming company rather a Ferrari wheel shown above which looks most of the money went into branding.
yeah, it worked for what I wanted at the time... I just wanted to try it out and have something fun to mess around with but now that I'm getting into it more, I'm going to need something better..

I have been looking at the Fanatec this morning and i'll be buying the CSR wheel today... pedals and even a mouting stand. I'll be in my game room for the next 6 months if anyone needs me
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-01-2012, 03:00 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Sameer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston348 View Post
yeah, it worked for what I wanted at the time... I just wanted to try it out and have something fun to mess around with but now that I'm getting into it more, I'm going to need something better..

I have been looking at the Fanatec this morning and i'll be buying the CSR wheel today... pedals and even a mouting stand. I'll be in my game room for the next 6 months if anyone needs me
Careful ... it gets to be a slippery road thereafter.

I bought myself a G25 and a race seat with frame (http://www.playseat.com/en/logitech-G27-review). It's good fun!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Formula 3
Non Subscribed

Just purchased the Fanatec Value pack. Comes with the wheel, elite pedals, paddle shifters, 1 H pattern shifter, 1 sequential shifter, cables, etc.

Has good force feedback on wheel and load cell technology on the pedals

cant wait to try it out

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_us...4c0025ef09bd1d
Old 03-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Toe Knee
Oooooh nice
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 03-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

This makes me upset that I bought this stuff right when it all came out. I should have waited!!!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Formula 3
Non Subscribed

Just got in the Fanatec package yesterday. CSR wheel with paddle shifters, elite pedals and optional 6 speed and squential shifter set up.

Let me tell you something.........this set up is unfreakinbelievable. The pedals are so life like since it has load cell technology. It feels just like a real brake pedal.

The wheel itself has great feedback motors so you can feel the g forces in the car when trying to correct, you can feel understeer braking and you can set it to a 2.5 turn to lock like a real wheel.

If you have Forza 4, I highly suggest this if you are into the true simulation racing.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Rookie
Non Subscribed

GT2/GT3 wheels still good?

Since this thread is about a year old, I thought I'd get an updated opinion on the wheels. I play all my racing games on the Xbox 360 and Fanatec's Forza CSR wheel value pack XL looks like a good deal when factoring in the price of all the components, but was wondering if the GT2 and GT3 RS wheels perform as well as the newer wheels on the newer games? I'm a big Porcshe fan. I'm also wondering about the durability of the wheels. I'm currently still playing Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and plan on buying Forza 4 within the next month or two and want a good wheel that will give the best in-game feel as well as the longest durability since I plan on shelling out hundreds of dollars on this setup.