xbox hard drive alternatives? | FerrariChat

xbox hard drive alternatives?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by 95spiderman, Apr 18, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    #1 95spiderman, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    im enjoying forza 4 but was told could be better if get the ext hard drive to unlock more cars, ghosts, etc. found one on amazon for $60. i dont play online or download anything.

is there a cheaper way to unlock features using a memory card and usb adaptor? or hard drive not made by ms? anything else

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    So I assume your hard drive is full? How much space do you have left?

For test drive unlimited 2 I put everything related to it on a USB since there was so much stuff (updates, packs, save space) it did not fit on my hard drive.

If you gets USB keep everything related to a certain game either all on the hard drive or all on the USB. It makes things easier.

3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    They relaxed the rules a few years ago so you can use non-MS approved hardware.

Easiest solution would be to buy a 16gb usb drive and install everything on that. My complete FM4 with all car packs is around 12gb in size.

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I just have the most basic xbox without the external hard drive

What parts of forza 4 am i missing? Seems pretty complete except for ghosts. Also i dont have porsche, just ruf

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    There are also hdd alternatives other than the ms branded one. Typically using the Western Digital Scorpio hdd. You'll just need to take a few extra steps to make it work.

6. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    The 12gb install includes both DVD's on the HDD and 6 months worth of car packs, one or 2 free packs, VIP pass pack, extra tracks plus Porsche pack.

You can run the game straight off the DVD but loading times are much faster if u install it on hdd/usb.