F1 2013 | FerrariChat

F1 2013

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Peace Frog, Jul 15, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peace Frog

Peace Frog Formula Junior

Apr 5, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Chad Denning
  2. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Will definitely buy.

3. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I am keen on trying out the 80s and 90s race cars.

4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Looks interesting :)

5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Funny story....I actually decided to pull out the F1: Championship Edition from the PS3 launch and played it versus F1 2012....

I was shocked at how much better the 2006 PS3 title looks than the most current version of F1 game. Obviously you have different cars between the two and the current game handles a little better, but it's somewhat disappointing to see that a current gen game is even partially inferior to a launch title.

6. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Codemasters are just milking the series. The bugs in 2010 are still there in 2012... They make some small tweaks and sell it full price. I'm only buying these games on special.

Getting the PC version at least allows for mods.

The last great F1 game was Microprose GP4 from 2002 :(

7. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Basically, they have the benefit of the latest version of cars and that's about it. I'm not even certain the cars handle better (you just get a lower margin for error in the PS3 game). I am interested in the historic cars in the next iteration, but I will wait for the price decrease also.

8. Peace Frog

Apr 5, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Chad Denning
    I personally thought 2012 was a HUGE improvement over 2011. I couldn't drive 2011 without spinning out to save my life. Was more video game than anything... I've actually been playing 2012 a lot lately and really enjoying it...

As for the last truly GREAT F1 game, I'm going to say a tie between Crammond's GP2 (I think I modded that thing into the early 2000's) or Grand Prix Legends. That game was AMAZING.

9. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    #9 SPEEDCORE, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah GP2 was great! GP1 wasn't great tho I did play that a lot too :D The best part of GP2 was the VGA to SVGA mode that forced a lot of ppl(including myself) to upgrade to pentium chips lol ahh those were the (pre 3d card) days :eek:

There was a cool mod called GP2edit that really brought the game to life. (just googling and the site still exists :D )
    gp2edit

With that mod it was easy to change all the settings and edit the car looks.

Grand Prix Legends still has a cult following. :eek:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    +1.

11. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlKSI37K0Fs]F1 2013 Hill Vs Schumacher Race - video 1 of 3 - YouTube[/ame]

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Meh. Still looks very arcade :/.

Tomorrow I'm having one last go at getting GP4 to run on win 7 with G25. I want a sim again. lol.

13. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I think I need to get an Xbox again.

14. Peace Frog

Apr 5, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Chad Denning
    GPEdit was the bomb... I used to do all kinds of livery sets. GP2 was such a good game.

15. polishhammer83

polishhammer83 Karting

Sep 30, 2012
    So true! All of the car shapes that were made for that game. They may not hold up to the test of time but it was so amazing back then. I remember having almost every season of F1 represented in that game.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

16. Bounce

Bounce Formula 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    What's wrong with rfactor and the various F1 mods? I've been running the 1994 F1 mod for the past week and having a blast.

17. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    You answered it. Mods.

18. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    It's out. Anyone got it?

Going by the reviews it's just 2012 with 2013 cars plus the classics.

19. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I was wondering if any of the classic courses have been added (classic Hockenheimring, one of my favorites).. I haven't bought it yet, wasn't all that of a fan of the last one.

20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I had much faith in Codemasters when they got the rights to this but lost it all.

Is it seriously that hard to make a game with proper physics even? If a bunch of amateur modders can do it, why not a whole f'in studio?

I'm not asking for the most realistic **** even, for anyone that's played Rfactor with the MMG F1 2007 mod knows that that is the perfect compromise between realism and enjoyability. Too hard? Traction control and ABS. Getting too easy? Take TC off. Still to easy? delete ABS as well.

That mod was so much fun. I think I have over 10K kms on a single car alone! Once you got your basic setup sorted it became really funny chasing a couple of tenths. I've perfected a few setups on there where I consistently run almost identical laptimes (I'm pretty sure on Melbourne MMG map I hold one of the fastest time :eek:, no aids...!).

21. CSM0TION

CSM0TION Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Ps3 does on me and I don't play enough to care to by a new one.

22. Peace Frog

Apr 5, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Chad Denning
    Really disappointed that CM delayed hard copy release here int he states... booo.

23. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Downloaded it after getting Xbox live gift cash. In many ways, it's a carryover of the 2012 game (because not much really changed in F1), however I find the handling to be more predictable and the spinning problems from 2011 seem a distant memory. Sounds are great, and the graphics are pretty much the same as 2012.

HOWEVER, I'm a HUGE fan of the Classic F1 content. The cars represent their proper era in all ways, from sound and appearance, to handling and driving dynamics. It's great to compare different cars from different eras on similar tracks, and the scenario mode gives you some nice challenges to pursue.

My only complaint is the limited number of classic circuits (only 4) and the lack of McLaren and other marques in the content. It's basically only Ferrari, Lotus and Williams. I'll assume that there may be more to come, since sales in Europe have been off the charts.