Need For Speed: Rivals PC | FerrariChat

Need For Speed: Rivals PC

Discussion in 'Technology' started by piratepress, Nov 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Has anyone had a chance to try this on PC? I see that it is the first in the series since 2002 to include Ferraris. However, I also read that it doesn't support a wheel-based controller and is hard-locked at 30 FPS.

2. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Yeah I saw a preview with a 60FPS hack it actually speeds up the game like back in the DOS era lol

Looks like another bad port to PC

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDA37BmvNwM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ]Let's not play Need for Speed: Rivals - YouTube[/ame]

3. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    Although I do not have the PC version I just got it for the Xbox360. The handling is horrible. Way too arcade like and unrealistic. I played it for a while last night and that will be the last time.

4. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    I finally picked it up this past weekend and tried it out. The 30 FPS cap isn't too distracting but what I don't like is the fact that you can't reassign the buttons on the gamepad. I have a specific setup I've always used and it's frustrating trying to use theirs. Why on earth would you spend the money on a game like this and not be able to do something as simple as modify the gamepad config? Also, the lack of Antialiasing and the other issues clearly show that EA developed this for consoles.