Real Racing 3 | FerrariChat

Real Racing 3

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Remy Zero, Jun 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Has anyone got this? It's for ipads, iphones and androids. Fairly ok game, great visuals and effects. last update was adding endurance races, to mark this year's Le Mans, featuring all the LMP1 cars...

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yep. I've got it on my android phone. :)

Haven't progressed anywhere near far enough to unlock any Ferraris though. :eek:

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Yep, it's the only game I play and I own most cars. Even been among the fastest 100 lap times ever for some tracks. Still too arcade, though. Would love a proper ipad racing game with car set-up, qualifying etc...

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I've got it and played it when bored. My little brothers are on the ipad most of the time so any time I saved up money or those gold coins to buy a cool car it would all be gone the next day because they crashed or something.

It's fun, but never played it serious. Excellent for an extended poo...

5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    You're not supposed to eat it.

6. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    LOL! Excellent... :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

7. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I got it last year. It was fun for a few months but I got fed up with the poor race payouts - they want you to keep shelling out cash to be able to afford the pricey cars and pricey maintenance. Otherwise you need to grind away for a loooong time to get the cash to proceed.

I ended up deleting the game. I wish they charged us upfront a decent amount and then kept it free.

8. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    It's frustrating, but i'm almost done. I've not spent a single cent of real money. Just race again and in again. Frustrating but heck it..

Pretty impressive night graphics at Le Mans too. Just tried out the P Hybrid last night,

9. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Maintenance isn't expensive. Don't drive off the track or plough into opponents and you don't damage your car too much. When it needs maintaining, just use R$ rather than Gold and that's you done playing for now. Go back to it again later when the car is ready. I don't play more than a few minutes at a time anyway. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

10. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I love the game. It's like having a mini Gran Turismo in your pocket. The Porsche 919 is awesome as is the LeMans track. However the wait times are too long and you have to grind away to make progress in the game.

11. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Did you manage to win the Porsche 919 Hybrid? I did, though it was a struggle. Haven't yet raced it in the bonus series that winning it unlocks.

All the best,
    Andrew.

12. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Unfortunately i didn't make it. Time constraint and work. I missed teh boat at stage 9 i think. Now focusing on the Aston Challenge before trying to get a pagani..

13. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Oh yes, did most of it in the last 6 hours with the car broken and no time to repair it. It was close. Pulling 2:51s on the LeMans timed lap now.

14. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thanks you bastards, I have a new addition now.:D

15. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Whatever you do DON'T SPEND YOUR GOLD COINS!!! :D

16. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thanks.I haven't, figured they have a purpose down the road.

So how exactly do you rack up lots of money?

17. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Mainly by having lot of friends who play it in the gamecenter so try to ask random friendships to people with the same game and then play infinite amounts of long races but you'll have to beat them so unfriend the strongests. With every update it's easier to get more money and coins but still a pain in the ass. Always prefer waiting to buy new cars rather than updating old ones

18. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Do all the upgrades you can with $, not gold. Only upgrade with gold if there is no other options and you cannot clear the level otherwise. How far through the career is everyone? I was in the final group of sessions at LeMans and ran out of time.

19. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    86% complete. Slightly embarrassing but It's the only game I play ;)

20. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    I am only at 42% with 11M earned. I am not thrilled that they display the number of hours played! ;)

21. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    :D

The key race here will be the Allocade Open or some sort. Use the manager to double you winnings at the final race, Suzuka. Best car for this track would be the BMW ALMS. Use the agent to double your rep. That earns gold.

Whenever you have daily 100% rewards, use this, together with the manager and earn a cool 126000 as your reward. Rinse and repeat.

22. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Only 20% done with $5M earned and 26 cars. Just started a month or so ago. Play it at night when laying down with my daughter to get her to sleep.

As stated, full upgrade every car if possible with cash not gold. Some early cars (AC Cobra, Hyundai rally car) have hugely expensive upgrades though.

23. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Which camera view makes you faster? I've been experimenting with all and still do not have an answer

24. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Cool Brian, Thanks.

I've been playing daily, too much really. I just reached the V8 cars stage. Had almost $500K in winnings, but have had to use a big chunk of that to upgrade that crappy Dodge Charger.

25. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I always drive with the in-car view so it feels a little more realistic.

All the best,
    Andrew.