Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Model Specific Discussions > Vintage (thru 365 GTC4) - Sponsored by Vintage Driving Machines

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Three Time F1 World Champ
Honorary

Full Name: Jim Glickenhaus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudewijn View Post
Some shots from different angles.
It's a transponder for tracking.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Honorary

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRARINUTJOB View Post
BIG NEWS - UPDATE: MAY 2011
Word on the street that 330 LMB was victim of a theft in March 1977 involving DONALD FONG and STEPHEN BRUSINI ( both were arrested in the case ). The car was not recovered and not returned to the true owner IVARS BLUMENAU and had no insurance.
The car ended up in the hands of John Hadjuk from a fraudulent sale by Brusini. The car went through several hands over the years until it ended up in the hands of Don Williams of Blackhawk Collection, who then sold it to the Chairman of Samsung, KUN-HEE LEE sometime in the early 1990’s. Interestingly, Don Williams kept the car for LEE in storage and sometimes at Blackhawk ( because of some tax issues in Korea ), however, Williams stored the car for LEE and listed the car incorrectly in the Blackhawk Museum as a "1962 Ferrari 330GTO", when Don Williams, as a “car expert” knew the true identity of the car as a “1963 330LMB”.
Sources indicate that Don Williams was aware of the theft issue, but kept the car under wraps hoping the dust would settle after many years would pass. Well recently in May 2011, , the FBI and California Highway Patrol paid a visit to the Blackhawk Musuem and the car escaped justice and is on the lamb once again.
There is an "APB" out on the "Red Hot" Ferrari and it is thought to be somewhere either in San Francisco area, or had been secreted and shipped to Chaiman Lee ( Samsung ) in S. Korea. With all that has happened to Chairman Lee since 2008, I don't think he would want to have any press on this issue, as LEE was criminally prosecuted by the Korean authorities and then 2010 pardoned and returned to his tenure at Samsung. His association in participating in the hiding of a ( very valuable and significant ) stolen car would be big news in Korea and world-wide.
Right now anyone possessing this car would be in big trouble for participating in possession and transportation of stolen property, and there is a significant REWARD for the whereabouts and recovery of this Ferrari (FERRARI 330 LMB #4619 ). Any information should be provided to the FBI in San Francisco Phone: (415) 553-7400
This car was clearly displayed at different events. Why is this claim happening now?
Why wasn't it pursued when the car was at Monterey many years ago?
Old 06-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: DrS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolis View Post
This car was clearly displayed at different events. Why is this claim happening now?
Stupidity... or because the OP is a fraud...? Those are what come to mind.
DrSPunksOwnd: Dan,x8664amd,CUSTEL, ,Yellow_Jacket,VK430GT, james_bond,Xatzhkyriakeio7,otaku,BenEvens,BlazinBW F,ForzaItalia06RossoBarchetta,TheRari ,F430WPB, laxexquis,nickm, porschedriver986 ,SirRobbins, exoticcollector, AgentPenguin, Cuonuct, ExcelsiorZ
Old 06-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Rookie
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Etienne DHONT
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari10flrb View Post
For a model car building project I would like to know the color of these 250 GT's,
Targa Florio 1959 and 1960. I think they are grey. But maybe someone has good colour pictures

Also important is to know the colour of the background circkle where the startingnr of the 134 is placed on.

As far I know there no 1/43 models of these cars.
I'm refreshing the model I made for AMR by the past...

http://www.renaissance-models.com/im...GT_1956_02.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 250GT_1956_02.jpg (76.5 KB, 1555 views)
Old 06-16-2011, 02:16 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ED59 View Post

That is very interesting, looking forward to the finished model.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:21 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

250 GT Targa Florio 1959/1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudewijn View Post
0555GT
Thanks Boudewijn!!

Now looking forward for some one who knows more about the background of the 134.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 134 Ferrari 250 GT E_Lualdi Gabardi - G_Scarlatti (1).jpg (37.1 KB, 1541 views)
Old 06-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Ted
Wink

Quote:
I was curious and did a quick google search the other day...the name "Mark Daniels" came up. Search F-chat for "Mark Daniels" ...narrow the search by adding "0384"
Old 06-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Honorary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWairhead View Post
I was curious and did a quick google search the other day...the name "Mark Daniels" came up. Search F-chat for "Mark Daniels" ...narrow the search by adding "0384"
What does 0384 have to do with this LMB?

This LMB was openly displayed in the US by well know owners for years. If the FBI was looking for it it wasn't hard to find.

Also where is a link to arrests op claims?
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Ted
Quote:
Well...probably nothing, but like I said, I did a google search and came up with a reference to a Mark Daniels in the Atlanta, GA area. The story of 0384 involves (allegedly) a Mark Daniels from Atlanta, GA. Admittedly, I went to high school with a Mark Daniels and it's probably a common name, but...just something that made me go, "hmmm."

http://www.stolencarreports.com/Report/View/7401

Other than that, a few minutes on google didn't reveal much...other than supporting Jim's stance that the car has been very public since 1977. The CH# is all over the Internet, the correct model designation and production year are all over the Internet. Ownership doesn't seem to be a secret...and doesn't seem to have ever been...?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Formula 3
Honorary

Full Name: Edwin K. Niles
I recall acting as middle-man when a well-known ex-racer/dealer in Orange County, Ca sold this car to Fong, then a highly regarded Ferrari mechanic (around Atlanta, as I recall). I was fortunate enough to have the car in my possession for a short while; it combined all the best features of a 250GTO and a Lusso---what a sweet car! I have no idea if the money for the car was Don's or that of a customer, but I recall that he ended up in jail for selling customers' cars and keeping the money. I wonder if he is still around?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Bruno
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari10flrb View Post
Thanks Boudewijn!!

Now looking forward for some one who knows more about the background of the 134.

8-mai-60 Targa Florio - CM. Sport
10em and 1er classe Edoardo Gabardi "Lualdi"/Giorgio Scarlatti 250 GT "TdF" 1357GT n°134
Old 06-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: humberto rosario
Wink 250 tdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED59 View Post

i have scracht built this car in 1/24 ,is a model that deserve, looking forward to c your finish one, mine is without bumpers at front and back.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Wink

Quote:

This LMB was openly displayed in the US by well know owners for years. If the FBI was looking for it it wasn't hard to find.

Also where is a link to arrests op claims?
don't need to be so angry, life is beautiful and short, enjoy when you still alive, think positively,
Old 06-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by humberto rosario View Post
don't need to be so angry, life is beautiful and short, enjoy when you still alive, think positively,
i know jim u r famous in united states and worldwide, i'm also famous but only in asia , so what? u r a rich guy i'm not , i just can afford a cheap ferrari 1/1 old 348 and some models i built by my hands,but we have share something in common that is the passion for ferraris.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Honorary

Quote:
Originally Posted by humberto rosario View Post
i know jim u r famous in united states and worldwide, i'm also famous but only in asia , so what? u r a rich guy i'm not , i just can afford a cheap ferrari 1/1 old 348 and some models i built by my hands,but we have share something in common that is the passion for ferraris.
This has what to do with people coming on Fchat and accusing
people of stealing cars without offering any proof what so ever?

OP claims LMB is stolen. That's a serious charge. Reminds
me of an add that claimed Barney had a stolen car.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: David
While it is a shame that F Chat has become a repository for this sort of thing these days I guess it speaks to the power and influence of the site. An unfortunate side effect of becoming the "paper of record" in the Ferrari world.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Honorary

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZSLA View Post
While it is a shame that F Chat has become a repository for this sort of thing these days I guess it speaks to the power and influence of the site. An unfortunate side effect of becoming the "paper of record" in the Ferrari world.
True,True...
Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

250 GT Targa Florio 1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sire Bruno de Losckley View Post
8-mai-60 Targa Florio - CM. Sport
10em and 1er classe Edoardo Gabardi "Lualdi"/Giorgio Scarlatti 250 GT "TdF" 1357GT n°134

I think I am not concrete enough, with "background".

Because I would like to know the the colour of the background where the startingnr is painted it on.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Lamine
good morning and congratulations to all those clichés as rare as precious! I'm looking for pictures of the first Ferrari 365 GTB4 (SN 12547 ) have participated in tests of the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1969, committed by the NART, with Posey and Grossmann driving, thanks for your help, if anyone has photos thank you!
Old 06-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Smile just for fun

Quote:
I think the correct spelling is Lee Kun-hee. Of course my reputation for spelling is world-wide.